Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi RBK753S' router sometimes slow to get an IP address for new connecting wifi devices?

ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

Netgear Orbi RBK753S' router sometimes slow to get an IP address for new connecting wifi devices?

I noticed this a few times like with printer, iPhones, etc. ever since I set up the new updated router and its two updated satellites yesterday afternoon PST (almost a whole day). It didn't matter how far and close the distances were too.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Orbi RBK753S' router sometimes slow to get an IP address for new connecting wifi devices

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Do you have Armor enabled? Try disabling Armor, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. CTS to 2347. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

You can find other speed diagnosis steps in the community faq: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

Message 2 of 9
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: Netgear Orbi RBK753S' router sometimes slow to get an IP address for new connecting wifi devices

My answers are in red inlined below.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

V3.2.16.6_1.4.4

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Spectrum's leased E31N2V1 cable modem.

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Well, it happens to next (e.g., room away) and far away (30 meters) to the router and satellites.

Do you have Armor enabled? Try disabling Armor, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. CTS to 2347. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Nope. I don't want it.

You can find other speed diagnosis steps in the community faq: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

The issue is getting an IP address from the router's DHCP even if the wifi signal is strong.

Message 3 of 9
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

Also, I lose IP internal IP addresses when moving around with my old iPhone 6+ (iOS v12.4.9).

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

You might try 20 meters in between the RBR an RBS. 

You might update the iphone as well. There is iOS 14 now available. 

Message 5 of 9
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You might try 20 meters in between the RBR an RBS. 

You might update the iphone as well. There is iOS 14 now available. 

I will try that if I see it again.  iPhone 6+ can only go up to v12.4.9. My colony and I use lots of old stuff. 😞

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

My iphone 6sP supports iOS 14...though that series would support it as well...

Message 7 of 9
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

@FURRYe38 wrote:

My iphone 6sP supports iOS 14...though that series would support it as well...

Not iPhone 6 Plus. I have never heard of 6sP.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Was the large format version of iphone 6. Same haardware, just bigger srcreen. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7