Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi RBR850/RBS850 & Lennox iComfort S30 Intermittently Drops Connection

ChrisBeauchamp
Initiate

Netgear Orbi RBR850/RBS850 & Lennox iComfort S30 Intermittently Drops Connection

Found this post on a previous and closed thread. Credit goes to mcb13 (poster). This seems to work so far. 

"I now see three SSIDs and the S30 will not connect to any of the three.   If I tap the i in a circle next to each, it says security is wpa/psk tkip, with no option to change it to WPA2."

"I was able to manually add the thermostat using my SSID and setting it manually to WPA2.   Everything seems to be working now using that method.   Clearly the iComfort is not reading the security type info put out by the Orbi system.  "

So even if you see your SSID, manually program in the SSID and select the security to match the setup of your router. The Orbi RBR850/RBS850 default is WPA2-PSK [AES] which seems to conflict with the "scanned" SSID. So when you manually re-enter the SSID to match the one already scanned, you select WPA2.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
vajim
Master

Re: Netgear Orbi RBR850/RBS850 & Lennox iComfort S30 Intermittently Drops Connection

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
vajim
Master

Re: Netgear Orbi RBR850/RBS850 & Lennox iComfort S30 Intermittently Drops Connection

Message 2 of 5
ChrisBeauchamp
Initiate

Solution works for me after 1 week. Lennox is looking into the issue. Once root cause is established I'll know better if it is a Lennox issue or Netgear issue.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. 

Good Luck. 

@ChrisBeauchamp wrote:

Solution works for me after 1 week. Lennox is looking into the issue. Once root cause is established I'll know better if it is a Lennox issue or Netgear issue.

Message 4 of 5
vajim
Master

@ChrisBeauchamp wrote:

Thanks for the update

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7