Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear RBS850 - 4.6.3.16 Firmware patch failure? FIXED!!!!

NeepsTatties
Aspirant

Netgear RBS850 - 4.6.3.16 Firmware patch failure? FIXED!!!!

Help!  Following some short wifi disconnects, I tried to patch to latest firmware (4.6.3.16 from Netgear site (note this page links to the RBR firmware not the RBS version but the release note has the right RBS linked). 

My RBR and 2 x RBS were (strangely) on 4.6.8.2 before the update.  As per manual, I planned to update one at a time, starting with a satellite.  The downloaded 4.6.3.16 installed on the first satellite but did not fully restart and just flashed white.  I have tried the following:

• Power cycled the satellite (after waiting for 30 minutes of white flashing!).
  • Factory reset the satellite (green light came on for 1 second followed by white flashing).
  • Rebooted the RBR (rest of network came back but still white flashing).
  • Relocated the satellite to the RBR room and redid the above, no change.

In all cases, the satellite just blinks white and will not reconnect. What should I do next as Netgear support gives me no support (purchased in May 2020 and they do not want to know if the device is more than 90 days old ffs!)

Most grateful for any wisdom!

Message 1 of 3
NeepsTatties
Aspirant

Re: Netgear RBS850 - 4.6.3.16 Firmware patch failure? FIXED!!!!

Ok, not sure what I did but it suddenly sorted itself.  It could have been the double hardware reset or long period of power off, or proximity to the router - no idea!!!!!

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear RBS850 - 4.6.3.16 Firmware patch failure? FIXED!!!!

For both RBR and RBS FW, use this site for future reference:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK852.aspx#download

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7