Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Orbi RBK852 connects to internet, but has no sound in system. How do I get it to work?

Ozzie1982
Aspirant

New Orbi RBK852 connects to internet, but has no sound in system. How do I get it to work?

NETGEAR ORBI WIFI 6 Tri-Band Mesh System - AX6000, RBK852 (Router & Satellite) - new setup with Orbi App and latest firmware (RBS850-V3.2.9.2_1.2.4).  Excellent connection speed but does not broadcast sound either with direct ethernet cable connection (orbi supplied) or via wireless.  Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Message 1 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Re: New Orbi RBK852 connects to internet, but has no sound in system. How do I get it to work?

Please post on the Orbi AX forum here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax
Can you please explain more what you mean with sound broadcast? Do you use a mesh sound system?
Message 2 of 6
Ozzie1982
Aspirant

As for the sound not broadcasting, I mean that I did not have sound coming from the computer which was directly connected to the ORBI ROUTER RBR850, and no sound coming from the Xbox, Roku, etc. that I had connected to the ORBI SATELLITE RBS850.  I decided to disconnect the ethernet cable that came with the NETGEAR ORBI WIFI 6 Tri-Band Mesh System - AX6000, RBK852 and utilized the CAT 5e cable that was attached to my original Router that I was replacing (CAT 5e running from Spectrum modem to ORBI ROUTER RBR850).  I then rebooted the Spectrum modem and the ORBI RBK852 system.  With those two changes, I then had sound coming to all of my devices.  It has now been approximately 10 hours and the system seems to be working however Yahoo web pages are not loading too well with this new network.  More testing to be done.

Message 3 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Do you have Technicolor C2000T ISP Router?

If yes, then please note that this is box has a router functionality. Your Orbi seems to be set in Router Mode, which causes such issues since you are having two routers in the network.
You have two option:
1. Change the technicolor to transparent bridged mode using these instructions: https://www.centurylink.com/home/help/internet/modems-and-routers/technicolor-c2000t/advanced-setup/... or call Centurylink support to get help with this.
2. Change Orbi to AP Mode using the web GUI (orbilogin.com) and selecting ADVANCED >> Advanced Setup >> Router/AP Mode.

Message 4 of 6
Ozzie1982
Aspirant

No, I do you have Technicolor C2000T ISP Router, and therefore currently have one Router in the system. 

Since my last posting, we have been experiencing the same problem that has been discussed in the thread, "ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server"... see

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/ORBI-RBR850-frequent-disconnects-to-WoW-server/td-p/1871301... 

My immediate solution has been to disconnect the ORBI RBK852 system and revert back to our old setup.  Hopefully NETGEAR will develop a fix or network settings solution to stop the constant signal drop every 15 to 20 minutes while on-line gaming via Xbox.  If they do, I will connect the ORBI RBK852 system back up.  If a solution does not present itself in a week, then it is going back to the place in which I purchased the system.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post over in the Orbi AX forum. 

There are known problems with recent FW update push. You can revert back to v3.1 or configure the RBR for AP mode with your prior router. 

NG is aware of the FW problems and is working on it. No time frame on when it will be fixed.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-Frequent-Disconnects-Starting-March-9th-AM-EST/td-p/...

Good Luck. 

@Ozzie1982 wrote:

No, I do you have Technicolor C2000T ISP Router, and therefore currently have one Router in the system. 

Since my last posting, we have been experiencing the same problem that has been discussed in the thread, "ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server"... see

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/ORBI-RBR850-frequent-disconnects-to-WoW-server/td-p/1871301... 

My immediate solution has been to disconnect the ORBI RBK852 system and revert back to our old setup.  Hopefully NETGEAR will develop a fix or network settings solution to stop the constant signal drop every 15 to 20 minutes while on-line gaming via Xbox.  If they do, I will connect the ORBI RBK852 system back up.  If a solution does not present itself in a week, then it is going back to the place in which I purchased the system.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7