Reply

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Can try setting CTS to 2347 as well. 

My Setup Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Mode Mode | ISP SparkLight | Wifi Router Orbi RBK853 v4.6.7.5(Router Mode), Wired BackhaulSwitches Netgear GS105/8 | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.7.5(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.7.5, RBK50(v23), SXK30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v84), EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3 and WNHDE111


 


 


Testing

Message 176 of 538
wjbridge
Star

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

My current settings already have this disabled...so I am testing disabling the AX feature for both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz radios.

Message 177 of 538
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

👍

My Setup Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Mode Mode | ISP SparkLight | Wifi Router Orbi RBK853 v4.6.7.5(Router Mode), Wired BackhaulSwitches Netgear GS105/8 | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.7.5(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.7.5, RBK50(v23), SXK30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v84), EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3 and WNHDE111


 


 


Testing

Message 178 of 538
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Hello Orbi AX Community,

 

We confirmed the new firmware v4.6.3.7 has an issue that the Internet speed test performed by the Orbi app may report lower numbers than the actual speed. This issue doesn’t degrade the actual speed for your Internet access, and it only happens when the actual Internet speed is more than 600 mbps.

 

We’ve been working on the fix and we should be able to have a trial firmware release soon for people who would like to give it a try first.

 

And again, if you are still experiencing other issues with firmware v4.6.3.7 please send a private message to me (@Christian_R) if you haven't done so already. Please provide the requested information listed below.

 

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact Time: (including time zone)

Router Serial Number:

 

Thank you,

Christian 

Message 179 of 538
Gtjacket
Tutor

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Having the same issues with the sattelites since the upgrade.  Very disappionting especially the fact that I can't downgrade back to previous release.


@RayBan_21 wrote:

Just an update to my issues - they're still the same, but I can also see that the satellites are acting up as well; disconnecting and re-connecting. I see that it has been mentioned by someone else here too.

 

I've been told twice that NG support will contact me, but still haven't heard anything yet.

 

It's too bad, as I still think that the Orbis was a good match for my home until this new FW.

 

I've tried all the tips mentioned in this thread without any luck.

After a while I also thought it could be my network provider having faulty equipment on their side, but got great support from them clarifying that it's all on my end.

 

Still thinking that with a fix I'd keep the Orbis, but if this is a sign of what one can expect after FW releases, I'm quite sceptic.

 


 

Message 180 of 538
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Please open a support ticket with NG and let them know what's happening. 

Thank you. 


@Gtjacket wrote:

Having the same issues with the sattelites since the upgrade.  Very disappionting especially the fact that I can't downgrade back to previous release.

My Setup Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Mode Mode | ISP SparkLight | Wifi Router Orbi RBK853 v4.6.7.5(Router Mode), Wired BackhaulSwitches Netgear GS105/8 | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.7.5(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.7.5, RBK50(v23), SXK30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v84), EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3 and WNHDE111


 


 


Testing

Message 181 of 538

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

After a factory reset, and vanilla setup from scratch, the satellites are still continuously disconnecting.

They flash white several times, then solid blue. Over and over again throughout the day.

How on earth did this get through testing, and why are Netgear not acknowledging the issue? Surely it’s understood by now - just acknowledge the issue, and promise a fix. Bizarre customer support.
Message 182 of 538
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

I don't know. I have the 8 series and very concerned about this. NG is aware of this. 

Please open a support ticket with NG and let them know what's happening with your system. 

@Blanca_O @Christian_R 


@MaleHumanUK wrote:
After a factory reset, and vanilla setup from scratch, the satellites are still continuously disconnecting.

They flash white several times, then solid blue. Over and over again throughout the day.

How on earth did this get through testing, and why are Netgear not acknowledging the issue? Surely it’s understood by now - just acknowledge the issue, and promise a fix. Bizarre customer support.

 

My Setup Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Mode Mode | ISP SparkLight | Wifi Router Orbi RBK853 v4.6.7.5(Router Mode), Wired BackhaulSwitches Netgear GS105/8 | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.7.5(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.7.5, RBK50(v23), SXK30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v84), EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3 and WNHDE111


 


 


Testing

Message 183 of 538
Berryvl
Star

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

I am puzzled. Clearly a wrong download speed indicator is not the issue here, it would be nice to have that fixed in the not too far future. Disconnecting satellites and devices is what should be acknowledged and fixed asap. Or am I missing something?
Message 184 of 538
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Please open a support ticket with NG and let them know what's happening with your system. 

@Blanca_O @Christian_R 


@Berryvl wrote:
I am puzzled. Clearly a wrong download speed indicator is not the issue here, it would be nice to have that fixed in the not too far future. Disconnecting satellites and devices is what should be acknowledged and fixed asap. Or am I missing something?

 

My Setup Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Mode Mode | ISP SparkLight | Wifi Router Orbi RBK853 v4.6.7.5(Router Mode), Wired BackhaulSwitches Netgear GS105/8 | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.7.5(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.7.5, RBK50(v23), SXK30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v84), EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3 and WNHDE111


 


 


Testing

Message 185 of 538
Berryvl
Star

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

I have opened a support ticket and let NG know what i am experiencing. Advised resolution was to change the channels and wait 6 hours to see if the problem was gone. Well it was not gone. Then I reset to factory defaults on the RBR using ‘erase’ in the backup settings. Factory reset every satellite and setup from scratch. Problem did not go away. Then switched off the AX feature for 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi channels. Now running without any issue for almost 2 days … (but AX is disabled still)

So while my problem is solved (for now) i am
Just seeking the right acknowledgement from NG. Which is more than just the Speedtest issue in my opinion. System was perfectly stable with the previous FW, after upgrading every thing went horribly wrong. (But it had nothing to do with the speedtest)
Message 186 of 538
Gatorade2000
Apprentice

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

How to disable AX on RBK753?
Message 187 of 538
Berryvl
Star

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Disable AX features via the ‘Wireless Setup’ on the advanced Tab under ‘Setup’ using the orbilogin.net admin page. It says ‘ Enable AX - This WiFi mode will enable AX features’ uncheck to disable.
Message 188 of 538
Gatorade2000
Apprentice

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Seems not a good idea for a gigabit connection
Message 189 of 538
wjbridge
Star

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

I am seeing the same issues even with AX being disabled. Last night got the magenta color on the router with DNS having problems resolving. Had to restart the router to get my internet to work properly. I confirmed through my modem logs that no errors occurred from that end. Definately a big stability issue here between router and satellite. I am happy they found a problem (false speed reporting) but really would like to hear from customer service that they have reproduced or are at least aware of the stability issues.

 

I also sent a private message as instructed with no response yet.

Message 190 of 538
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

You'll need to keep in contact with NG support on this issue and will probably need ot wait for the next FW update. IF disable AX mode on the RBR helps then keep it disabled and hopefully this will be fixed in next FW update. The Speed test app is just a different issue which doesn't effect actual speed results and is just a inaccurate speed reporting problem in the UI. I presume this will be fixed on next FW update as well. 

 

Keep in contact with NG support and get information from them. 


@Berryvl wrote:
I have opened a support ticket and let NG know what i am experiencing. Advised resolution was to change the channels and wait 6 hours to see if the problem was gone. Well it was not gone. Then I reset to factory defaults on the RBR using ‘erase’ in the backup settings. Factory reset every satellite and setup from scratch. Problem did not go away. Then switched off the AX feature for 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi channels. Now running without any issue for almost 2 days … (but AX is disabled still)

So while my problem is solved (for now) i am
Just seeking the right acknowledgement from NG. Which is more than just the Speedtest issue in my opinion. System was perfectly stable with the previous FW, after upgrading every thing went horribly wrong. (But it had nothing to do with the speedtest)

 

My Setup Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Mode Mode | ISP SparkLight | Wifi Router Orbi RBK853 v4.6.7.5(Router Mode), Wired BackhaulSwitches Netgear GS105/8 | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.7.5(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.7.5, RBK50(v23), SXK30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v84), EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3 and WNHDE111


 


 


Testing

Message 191 of 538
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

NG IS aware of the user problems seen with this version of FW. Please keep in contact with NG support. 


@wjbridge wrote:

I am seeing the same issues even with AX being disabled. Last night got the magenta color on the router with DNS having problems resolving. Had to restart the router to get my internet to work properly. I confirmed through my modem logs that no errors occurred from that end. Definately a big stability issue here between router and satellite. I am happy they found a problem (false speed reporting) but really would like to hear from customer service that they have reproduced or are at least aware of the stability issues.

 

I also sent a private message as instructed with no response yet.


 

My Setup Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Mode Mode | ISP SparkLight | Wifi Router Orbi RBK853 v4.6.7.5(Router Mode), Wired BackhaulSwitches Netgear GS105/8 | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.7.5(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.7.5, RBK50(v23), SXK30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v84), EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3 and WNHDE111


 


 


Testing

Message 192 of 538
Niko78
Apprentice

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Hi,

As a developper I understand we can have bugs.

But as we are not allowed to downgrade this f...g firmware version why Netgear don't temporarly push a new firware 4.6.3.8 that is the same as v3.2.18 so that everyone can recover all services that are now down and so that we can all use again our Orbi system that is now fully useless because of this new firmware ?

 

Then when Netgear will correct all 4.6.3.7 bugs (no matter how much time it will take, 1 year or 2 years I don't care ...), they would just have to push a new version 4.6.3.9 !

 

When a mistake is done everything has urgently to be done to restore the service.

I really don't understand WHY WHY WHY... Netgear is letting all there customers in such a mess for a so long time while in the same time we all know that previous firmware v3.2.18 is more stable !!!!???????

 

RESTORING THE SERVICE for everyone is the most urgent PRIORITY !

Customers are not Netgear Beta testers !

I really don't care how you will restore it but please solve it urgently especially since the solution already exists ! 

 

Regards,

 

 

 

Message 193 of 538
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

NG IS aware of the user problems seen with this version of FW. Please keep in contact with NG support. 

My Setup Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Mode Mode | ISP SparkLight | Wifi Router Orbi RBK853 v4.6.7.5(Router Mode), Wired BackhaulSwitches Netgear GS105/8 | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.7.5(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.7.5, RBK50(v23), SXK30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v84), EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3 and WNHDE111


 


 


Testing

Message 194 of 538
Mstrbig
Master

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released


@Niko78 wrote:

Hi,

As a developper I understand we can have bugs.

But as we are not allowed to downgrade this f...g firmware version why Netgear don't temporarly push a new firware 4.6.3.8 that is the same as v3.2.18 so that everyone can recover all services that are now down and so that we can all use again our Orbi system that is now fully useless because of this new firmware ?

This has become the norm in the communications, electronics, networking, pro audio world. Manufacturers are pushing out new product that is really not fully tested. I own a piece of reording gear that is on its 11th firmware upgrade in 6 months, to fix abnormalties and bugs.

I have another piece of gear that has been replaced 3 times because of overheating and locking up. Both units are processors, which are basically computers.

I have been in constant contact with Netgear, and I know for a fact they are trying to fix the issue. I gave them all my debug logs and backups, as well as access to my systems. I'm sure there will either be a fixed firmware or patched stepdown version soon, as there are too many end users experiencing the exact same issues.

Orbi RBK53 System/RBR50/RBS50/RBS50. + Orbi Voice RBS40V
RBK753 system/RBR750/RBS750/RBS750 + RBK853 System/RBR850/RBS850/RBS850
SXK80 — Orbi Pro AX6000 WiFi 6 Tri-Band WiFi System
There's always a logical answer, if you have all the facts!
Message 195 of 538
wjbridge
Star

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Well I have emailed @Christian_R but my "tech support" has expired (only 90 days). Is there another ticket system I should be using?

 


@FURRYe38 wrote:

NG IS aware of the user problems seen with this version of FW. Please keep in contact with NG support. 


@wjbridge wrote:

I am seeing the same issues even with AX being disabled. Last night got the magenta color on the router with DNS having problems resolving. Had to restart the router to get my internet to work properly. I confirmed through my modem logs that no errors occurred from that end. Definately a big stability issue here between router and satellite. I am happy they found a problem (false speed reporting) but really would like to hear from customer service that they have reproduced or are at least aware of the stability issues.

 

I also sent a private message as instructed with no response yet.


 


 

Message 196 of 538
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

Wait for the forum moderators responce. Keep in contact with them. 


@wjbridge wrote:

Well I have emailed @Christian_R but my "tech support" has expired (only 90 days). Is there another ticket system I should be using?

 


@FURRYe38 wrote:

NG IS aware of the user problems seen with this version of FW. Please keep in contact with NG support. 


@wjbridge wrote:

I am seeing the same issues even with AX being disabled. Last night got the magenta color on the router with DNS having problems resolving. Had to restart the router to get my internet to work properly. I confirmed through my modem logs that no errors occurred from that end. Definately a big stability issue here between router and satellite. I am happy they found a problem (false speed reporting) but really would like to hear from customer service that they have reproduced or are at least aware of the stability issues.

 

I also sent a private message as instructed with no response yet.


 


 


 

My Setup Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Mode Mode | ISP SparkLight | Wifi Router Orbi RBK853 v4.6.7.5(Router Mode), Wired BackhaulSwitches Netgear GS105/8 | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.7.5(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.7.5, RBK50(v23), SXK30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v84), EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3 and WNHDE111


 


 


Testing

Message 197 of 538
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

In meantime, has ANYONE in this thread attempted to down grade from v4 to v3 and was it successful? 

Seeing some post saying they've been able to down grade. 

Try to find out which v3 versions they used and what browser...

My Setup Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Mode Mode | ISP SparkLight | Wifi Router Orbi RBK853 v4.6.7.5(Router Mode), Wired BackhaulSwitches Netgear GS105/8 | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.7.5(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.7.5, RBK50(v23), SXK30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v84), EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3 and WNHDE111


 


 


Testing

Message 198 of 538
Gatorade2000
Apprentice

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

You can downgrade satellite but not the main router. There is no fking “yes” button to proceed.
Message 199 of 538
wjbridge
Star

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released


@Gatorade2000 wrote:
You can downgrade satellite but not the main router. There is no fking “yes” button to proceed.

I have also downgraded the satellite to the v3 firmware only to find out it upgraded itself the next day. There is no way to "disable" the updates to my knowledge. I have tried blocking the updates domains though through my custom DNS service (AdGuardHome). I wish there was a feature like Windows at least to disable any major updates (i.e. v3 to v4) for 90 days so the bugs can be worked out.

Message 200 of 538
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E