Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

kinghenrym
Aspirant

Re: New - RBK752/753 Firmware Version 4.6.3.7 Released

I got the same problem as you. But my download speed always cap at 630mb and upload speed cap at 920mb. It just cap!!! Cannot go higher after the update. 

Message 326 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Where are you speed testing from? Orbi app or RBRs built in speed test app? IF so, then these are giving inaccurate speed results. Use a wired PC and Ooklas installable speed test app on this pc to test and compare results. 

@kinghenrym wrote:

I got the same problem as you. But my download speed always cap at 630mb and upload speed cap at 920mb. It just cap!!! Cannot go higher after the update. 

Message 327 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

Well just as I figured, resetting to defaults was pointless as the router did the same thing again. Not good when your wife works from home and needs reliable internet. Thank you Netgear for releasing such a nightmarish headache of a release.

Any suggestions on a reliable replacement?

Message 328 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you happen to pull the power adapter for 1 full minute after doing a reset then plug back in then walk thru the setup wizard? 

Something I happen to find yesterday with mine. I had done a reset on my RBR and RBS. Had all kinds of problems. I left the system unplugged and came back the next day. I was able to get the RBS synced correctly and the RBR setup well. I was able to get in to AP mode aswell. Been running ok since yesterday evening.

If v4 isn't working for you, I recommend you revert back to v3.

@Timothy88 wrote:

Well just as I figured, resetting to defaults was pointless as the router did the same thing again. Not good when your wife works from home and needs reliable internet. Thank you Netgear for releasing such a nighmarish headache of a release.

Message 329 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

Can an actual Netgear employee respond to this thread and acknowledge the issues and let the consumers that pay their salaries know when we can expect to see a release to address the problems?  

Message 330 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Someting to open a support ticket with NG support and let them know. 
https://www.netgear.com/support/#

Good Luck. 

Message 331 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

How do you open a case without having to purchase support. Pretty good business model if you can't.

Message 332 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Please send @Blanca_O and @DarrenM a PM

@Timothy88 wrote:

How do you open a case without having to purchase support. Pretty good business model if you can't.

Message 333 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

Sent a private message as you suggested. I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears as it seems larger companies/coroporations no longer care about consumer and their experience just their profit margin.

Message 334 of 525
jaideepdoc
Guide

Hi 

I have the RBK 752 set up at home.  the current firmware is V4.6.3.7.

I am facing the following issues 

Devices are getting disconnected from the satellite unit

Devices on the satellite unit get message no wifi

When trying to reconnect the devices option as Orbi guest is shown but my guest option is off

The satellite seems to be getting disconnected from the main unit often since i see it booting again and frequently see the light flashing

thanks

Message 335 of 525
Gatorade2000
Apprentice

try burning the unit.
Message 336 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

Ok what am I missing?  I tried adding the keywords to block the auto update and the satellite went back to V4.  Also in safari how do you enable the YES button so you can donwgrade?

Message 337 of 525
Gatorade2000
Apprentice

read this thread, it is one of the F keys
Message 338 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset, then power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system, then walk thru the setup wizard been performed since last update?

@jaideepdoc wrote:

Hi 

I have the RBK 752 set up at home.  the current firmware is V4.6.3.7.

I am facing the following issues 

Devices are getting disconnected from the satellite unit

Devices on the satellite unit get message no wifi

When trying to reconnect the devices option as Orbi guest is shown but my guest option is off

The satellite seems to be getting disconnected from the main unit often since i see it booting again and frequently see the light flashing

thanks

Message 339 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBK750-Series-Firmware-Update-v4-6-3-7/m-p/2130774/highligh...

Then do this on the RBR:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBK750-Series-Firmware-Update-v4-6-3-7/m-p/2131307/highligh...

@Timothy88 wrote:

Ok what am I missing?  I tried adding the keywords to block the auto update and the satellite went back to V4.  Also in safari how do you enable the YES button so you can donwgrade?

Message 340 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

So this is what Netgear support is providing as a means for downgrading?  It still doesn't solve the Yes button problem.

Message 341 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

NG doesn't support this as it's not official. A user found this to downgrade his system. Up to users if they want to try it or not. 

Message 342 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

So you absolutely have to modify the NVRAM settings in the router so that you can roll back this debacle of an update?  There is no simply way to roll back.  What do regular end users who have to no technical abitly do? I guess they are stuck with junk.   Bringing my time capsule back on line is super easy, just need to put it back in router mode and swicth a few network cables. Oh and of course I have heard nothing from the private message. 

Message 343 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

Nope. 

And of course its the weekend and a holiday here so you might not get anything until next week. 

Message 344 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

Where is the phone number to contact support so they can issue an RMA for defective hardware?

It figures I'm just out of warranty by a month.

Message 345 of 525
FURRYe38
Guru

You have to open up a support ticket on NG support site and they will contact you thru that channel first.

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

Good Luck. 

Message 346 of 525
Thalador
Apprentice

Netgear has proven that they care ZERO about their customers. This buggy firmware has been out in the wild and force updating users now since July 12th and they have done nothing about it. The absolute least they should have done is pulled it from their catalog when all the issues came up but nope. It's still there as the official release. This is rediculous. I give folks like Furry credit for staying here and trying to win a losing battle so long. The mods who asked for PM's have gone silent. What is our solution here except for return it to Costco (if you were smart enough to buy it there (I always buy there because I returned 2 RBK50 systems and another RBK753 one)) and go with another vendor. I want to say sorry for the rant, but at this point I am not. I am infuriated at the lack of care they have for us, the ones who keep them employed.

Message 347 of 525
AK_NG
Tutor

I finally got a call from netgear customer support with a beta FW ver . I was able to update to new beta fw ver manually for the mesh and the slowness issue is resolved. The speeds are now consistent in 900 mbps . Did not notice any issues for past day or so with new beta ver which is a good news.. Hopefully netgear will send new ver fw to others also that are facing issues with new fw update soon.
Message 348 of 525
Timothy88
Luminary

I wonder if that beta release addresses the unit losing connection, going offline (indicator light turns magenta) and basically goes unresponsive to all LAN traffic until it's rebooted?

Message 349 of 525
AK_NG
Tutor

Not sure as I did not have that issue . My connection was stable but had slow speeds with fw.
Message 350 of 525
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7