Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New - RBKE9 Series - RBRE960 / RBSE960 Firmware Version 6.0.3.85

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBKE9 Series - RBRE960 / RBSE960 Firmware Version 6.0.3.85

Something I noticed today after putting my 9 series online. After the RBR was up and running. I connected my RBS to a ethernet connection to the RBR and turned ON the RBS and after a bit, it synced and showed synced correctly with the RBR. However I noticed that one of my wifi devices I was trying to connect to it would ot fully connect. Android pad. The pad only connected partially and then said Connected, No Internet. I tried a Mac Book Pro and had it connect and it showed connected but NO internet.  I disconnected the RBR from the ethernet and power cycled it. After it was wirelessly syned I checked the Pad again and it reported Connected and had internet. Later on I checked with a iPhone and it had Internet. 

I then reconnected the ethernet cable to the back of the RBS and after a bit, the RBS synced and front LED turned on BLUE. 

Testing iphone connected to the RBS and it had full internet. 

Seem that if you first connect the RBS via ethernet/Switches to the RBR and turn the RBS ON, even though it syncs and reports correctly. Connected devices at the RBS will not have internet access. Something, I don't see with Orbi AX 7 or 8 series. Hmm. I remember reporting a similar issue to NG last year.

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT 

Message 26 of 27
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBKE9 Series - RBRE960 / RBSE960 Firmware Version 6.0.3.85

Message 27 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements