Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New RBR/RBS 750 firmware version 4.6.5.14

Timothy88
Luminary

New RBR/RBS 750 firmware version 4.6.5.14

Got prompted for new firmware update. Not a chance I’m installing after the last debacle.
Any release notes?
Message 1 of 20

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBR/RBS 750 firmware version 4.6.5.14

Message 4 of 20

All Replies
Dazza762
Luminary

Have to agree. After the last update, I'll not be installing anymore until they've been out in the wild for some time. 

Message 2 of 20
Mastra11
Apprentice

Hello, I have orbi RBK753 and I too have received the notification of this new firmware version 4.6.5.14 I have not yet installed it. Has anyone installed it works fine and without problems? Thank you.
Message 3 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 20
kung_fu_curly
Aspirant

Shambolic update. My devices had been working fine until I did this update. Now the satellites go out or sync every half hour or so and devices struggle and mostly fail to get an IP. Armour seems to have gone into overdrive as well constantly giving me notifications that it's scanned a device.
Message 5 of 20
Talk2Mike
Apprentice

I updated my RBK753 system (router plus two satellites) a few days ago and have not had any issues. Everything seems to be working fine.

Message 6 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a full power OFF for 5 minutes with the ISP modem and Orbi system, then back ON. 

@kung_fu_curly wrote:
Shambolic update. My devices had been working fine until I did this update. Now the satellites go out or sync every half hour or so and devices struggle and mostly fail to get an IP. Armour seems to have gone into overdrive as well constantly giving me notifications that it's scanned a device.

Message 7 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Enjoy. 

@Talk2Mike wrote:

I updated my RBK753 system (router plus two satellites) a few days ago and have not had any issues. Everything seems to be working fine.

Message 8 of 20
kung_fu_curly
Aspirant

Still having issues since this latest update. I've factory reset everything and started again and still get the same issues. Devices struggling and usually failing to get an IP and my two RBS750s drop off and need to be restarted every couple of hours. I've not had any similar issues until I installed 4.6.5.14. 

When the RBS750s drop off they get a solid blue light, I can leave them for hours and they remain like this with no connection via them until after a power cycle. None of the devices connected directly to the router seem to be effected by these issues but this is absolutely no use to me, I need the satellites to work reliably.

If you havent already done this update I would avoid it.

Message 9 of 20
Dazza762
Luminary

@kung_fu_curly wrote:

Still having issues since this latest update. I've factory reset everything and started again and still get the same issues. Devices struggling and usually failing to get an IP and my two RBS750s drop off and need to be restarted every couple of hours. I've not had any similar issues until I installed 4.6.5.14. 

When the RBS750s drop off they get a solid blue light, I can leave them for hours and they remain like this with no connection via them until after a power cycle. None of the devices connected directly to the router seem to be effected by these issues but this is absolutely no use to me, I need the satellites to work reliably.

I'm steering well clear of it. Finally managed to stabalise my mesh and I'm not going to chance it. If it ain't broke, don't update. 

Message 10 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

How was the FW applied? Auto upate, Orbi app or Manually with a web browser? 

Something to try and see if this helps:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-4...
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-4...

@kung_fu_curly wrote:

Message 11 of 20
kung_fu_curly
Aspirant

I applied the FW through the Orbi app.

I've already tried everything in the links which has made no difference to my issues.

Not sure if this will actually have done anything but on one of the satellites I have also tried browsing to the web interface and manually installing the update. It doesn't appear to have made any difference to the issues though.

Message 12 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Can go back to last working version then...

Message 13 of 20
Timothy88
Luminary

Did something in this release change with MFA and trusted devices?

I tried to check on my Orbi remotely this morning and it couldn't connect and by accident I found that I had to log into my account again and have an email sent with a confirmation code and add my phone as a trusted device.

If it were a change can Netgear please be more up front about these types of security chagnes, If not a prompt in the app would be nice to let you know thats why you can't connect.

Message 14 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "Orbi AX" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

Message 15 of 20
mschoenf
Aspirant

Yep… my internet has been going out every 30 seconds since the recent firmware update…
Message 16 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 17 of 20
mschoenf
Aspirant

Hey there thanks for the reply, if I factory reset will I have to re set up all my smart devices? Or will they auto reconnect in general? Will Ssid reset too?
Message 18 of 20
mschoenf
Aspirant

Okay so here is a new development… if my phone is on the Wi-Fi we are offline… if I use 5g and anywhere access Speedtest goes well. I have AT&T gif fiber but obviously that goes to my Orbi. Are there any known interactions between the new iPhone and the new firmwares? Or should I search for a different thread as well.
Message 19 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

As long as you use the same SSID name and PW after the reset and setup from scratch, devices will re-connect. 

@mschoenf wrote:
Hey there thanks for the reply, if I factory reset will I have to re set up all my smart devices? Or will they auto reconnect in general? Will Ssid reset too?

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7