Reply

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

jaideepdoc
Guide

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

hi

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

home size is approx 2000 sq ft.  but we have thick concreate walls atleeast 2 ft diving the halls and bedrooms ect

 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

4.6.3.16

 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

i am based in mumbai india. the service provider is airtel and modem is nokia 

 

Yesterday evening the sattelite unit which is my bedroom and is connected to Apple TV ect

there was constant disconnection and the alert that no wifi/internet kept on flashing on the tv

hence decide to bring the units back to factory status and set them up again 

will share feedback later tonite 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 76 of 306
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

You may want to ethernet connect the RBS since you have concrete walls. This will impact signal travel between the RBR and RBS.


@jaideepdoc wrote:

hi

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

home size is approx 2000 sq ft.  but we have thick concreate walls atleeast 2 ft diving the halls and bedrooms ect

 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

4.6.3.16

 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

i am based in mumbai india. the service provider is airtel and modem is nokia 

 

Yesterday evening the sattelite unit which is my bedroom and is connected to Apple TV ect

there was constant disconnection and the alert that no wifi/internet kept on flashing on the tv

hence decide to bring the units back to factory status and set them up again 

will share feedback later tonite 


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Router Mode |  Wifi Router CAX80 (Router Mode) and RBK963 (APMode) | and MK63 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M |

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 77 of 306
titaniumrx8
Apprentice

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released


@titaniumrx8 wrote:

@FURRYe38 


@FURRYe38 wrote:

On the advanced tab page. Looked for the Stats button. 


@titaniumrx8 wrote:
@FURRYe38
What do you see on the Statisic page while you have AX Mode disabled?

Where am I looking and what am I looking for?

 


I just found what you are referring to:

 


After a few days of running without AX enabled, I did re-enable AX mode on the 5ghz band only. Initially, no devices would connect to either satellite. This is similar to the behavior of the devices after the firmware updates also. I manually rebooted or disconnected and reconnected all of the devices to see if anything would connect to the satellites. Again, nothing would connect except to the router. I waited an hour or so and things started to migrate to the satellites although one satellite was reporting as hard wired even though there is only a wireless backhaul (both satellites had gone through the reconnect cycle with white-blue-off sequence. After a couple of days, the devices are distributed among the router and 2 satellites although a couple of the connects are not what would be expected ie devices connected to a much further device/through multiple walls despite having the router or a satellite within line-of-sight in the same room.

 

The connections have been mostly stable. I still haven't re-enabled the guest network, MAC filtering and a couple of other features. I'm evaluating one feature at a time so I'll know if there's a specific capability that is still hosed.

 

Turning on the AX for 5ghz brought a slight increase in the bandwidth for the 5ghz wifi and the backhaul. Neither provides a measurable speed increase at the device level since I only have 100mbs ISP around here. (might be significant for the PCs backing up to the servers, have to check timings for the backups)

5G before 1083     5G after 1201

Backhaul before 2167     Backhaul after 2402

Message 78 of 306
ahswp
Apprentice

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

Netgear pushed the Beta to my 753s. Unfortunately, the push only went to my 750R not to my 2 753s. I manually upgraded the satalites and then turned the settings back to 100% for the 2.4 and other changes that had improved the problem (ex AX). 

 

I am STILL GETTING DISCONNECTS - the FIRMWARE DID NOTHING.

 

I continue to have issues with the satalite disconnecting.


NETGEAR IS THE WORST.

 

Maybe I should return these to Costco like so many others have.


Whats the point of pushing a firmware that doesn't go to the satalites AND also still has the same problem?

 

This did not fix anything!

 

NETGEAR IS A JOKE

Message 79 of 306
vadimdr123
Guide

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

Since the update to the latest firmware  (4.6.3.16) things are getting even worse than with the previous firmware version

My current setup includes COSTCO RBK753S  kit with the router and 2 satellites.  In order to have better control over DHCP, I am using PiHole

which is my DNS and DHCP server,  so the router's DHCP is disabled. 

 

Everything was fine with previous firmware, the backbone channels were stable and I didn't have any issues except for random drops of wifi from some of my devices (I have about 24 devices connected).

 

Since the forced upgrade to the latest firmware I am constantly experiencing lagginess with all the devices that are connected to the satellites. Web sites are slow, some of the sites I am unable to connect to at all, especially from my smartphones. switching off the wifi and getting on cellular data immediately resolve the issues. Same if I stand close to the router and reconnect the Wifi - the same sites that didn't work with satellite connection start working fine with the connection to the router. 

I have reset both satellites several times, I have reset the router - nothing helps. I am still getting connection timeouts for many applications running on my phone or other phones inside the network as well as some sites on my working laptop.

 

I am working from home, the connectivity is vital to me, so I am close to return this amazing peace of untested **bleep** hardware/software back to Costco and buy a different mesh system (my house is about 7000 sq ft so I don't think the regular router will be able to cover the whole house, but I may try this as well.  Unfortunately I have no way to downgrade the software on these devices to get back to the stable (3.X) version.

 

 

Message 80 of 306
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6/RBK750-Series-Firmware-Update-v4-6-3-7/m-p/2130584#M185...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6/RBK750-Series-Firmware-Update-v4-6-3-7/m-p/2131307#M186...


@vadimdr123 wrote:

Since the update to the latest firmware  (4.6.3.16) things are getting even worse than with the previous firmware version

My current setup includes COSTCO RBK753S  kit with the router and 2 satellites.  In order to have better control over DHCP, I am using PiHole

which is my DNS and DHCP server,  so the router's DHCP is disabled. 

 

Everything was fine with previous firmware, the backbone channels were stable and I didn't have any issues except for random drops of wifi from some of my devices (I have about 24 devices connected).

 

Since the forced upgrade to the latest firmware I am constantly experiencing lagginess with all the devices that are connected to the satellites. Web sites are slow, some of the sites I am unable to connect to at all, especially from my smartphones. switching off the wifi and getting on cellular data immediately resolve the issues. Same if I stand close to the router and reconnect the Wifi - the same sites that didn't work with satellite connection start working fine with the connection to the router. 

I have reset both satellites several times, I have reset the router - nothing helps. I am still getting connection timeouts for many applications running on my phone or other phones inside the network as well as some sites on my working laptop.

 

I am working from home, the connectivity is vital to me, so I am close to return this amazing peace of untested **bleep** hardware/software back to Costco and buy a different mesh system (my house is about 7000 sq ft so I don't think the regular router will be able to cover the whole house, but I may try this as well.  Unfortunately I have no way to downgrade the software on these devices to get back to the stable (3.X) version.

 

 


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Router Mode |  Wifi Router CAX80 (Router Mode) and RBK963 (APMode) | and MK63 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M |

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 81 of 306
Nopeynope
Star

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

@FURRYe38

Now that I'm back up and running, everything seems to be running fine for the last 24 hours, except one laptop.

It's a little older, but the pc had no issues connecting flawlessly to this mesh setup prior to.
However, since this last firmware update, it cannot see my network.

I have MANY smart devices currently connect to 2.4 band without issue.

During my 5-hour long problem solving session last night, I disabled 5ghz, and this same laptop was able to see the network.

Can you or someone point me in the right direction to get this laptop to see 2.4ghz without having to disable 5ghz?

Was relieved last night thinking I got it all sorted, but I'm still wanting to toss this whole mesh system.
Message 82 of 306
jaideepdoc
Guide

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

@FURRYe38

 

hi

 

so post the system rest things appear to be normal

used the system extensively yesterday from apple TV/Iphone/ipad 

was connected to the main unit and sattelite

did not have any disconnections ect 

ps ;  have also connected camera to the same using a static ip

have temoprary disconnected the same.

 

thanks

 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 83 of 306

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

Did anyone else experience a complete nightmare with the latest firmware (4.6.3.16_2.0.51) on the RBR850 / RBR750?

 

It completely crashed my whole system. First the satellites disapeared. Then I did a full "new system" setup. It rebooted into Router Mode and everything was back to normal then I switched back into AP Mode (which I need) and once again no satellites!

 

This is really a big problem. I'm very frustrated with Netgear!

 

Does anyone have a similar situation with a solution. If you haven't "upgraded to v4 firmware....Don't.

Message 84 of 306
swamgy1
Guide

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

Why did netgear push 4.6.3.16 to my router and satellites when on the support they have 4.6.3.6 for the router and 4.6.3.7 for the satellites??

 

The packages on the support site seem newer, should I upgrade to those? Can't believe NG is letting us down like this!! So frustrating.

Message 85 of 306
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

How did you disable 5Ghz? 


@Nopeynope wrote:

Now that I'm back up and running, everything seems to be running fine for the last 24 hours, except one laptop.

It's a little older, but the pc had no issues connecting flawlessly to this mesh setup prior to.
However, since this last firmware update, it cannot see my network.

I have MANY smart devices currently connect to 2.4 band without issue.

During my 5-hour long problem solving session last night, I disabled 5ghz, and this same laptop was able to see the network.

Can you or someone point me in the right direction to get this laptop to see 2.4ghz without having to disable 5ghz?

Was relieved last night thinking I got it all sorted, but I'm still wanting to toss this whole mesh system.

 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Router Mode |  Wifi Router CAX80 (Router Mode) and RBK963 (APMode) | and MK63 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M |

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 86 of 306
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

Glad the reset seem to help you out. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.


@jaideepdoc wrote:

hi

 

so post the system rest things appear to be normal

used the system extensively yesterday from apple TV/Iphone/ipad 

was connected to the main unit and sattelite

did not have any disconnections ect 

ps ;  have also connected camera to the same using a static ip

have temoprary disconnected the same.

 

thanks

 




My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Router Mode |  Wifi Router CAX80 (Router Mode) and RBK963 (APMode) | and MK63 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M |

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 87 of 306
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

Which Orbi system model do you have? 


@Kevin923846 wrote:

Did anyone else experience a complete nightmare with the latest firmware (4.6.3.16_2.0.51) on the RBR850 / RBR750?

 

It completely crashed my whole system. First the satellites disapeared. Then I did a full "new system" setup. It rebooted into Router Mode and everything was back to normal then I switched back into AP Mode (which I need) and once again no satellites!

 

This is really a big problem. I'm very frustrated with Netgear!

 

Does anyone have a similar situation with a solution. If you haven't "upgraded to v4 firmware....Don't.


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Router Mode |  Wifi Router CAX80 (Router Mode) and RBK963 (APMode) | and MK63 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M |

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 88 of 306
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

v16 is most current and available for user manual download and installation. 


@swamgy1 wrote:

Why did netgear push 4.6.3.16 to my router and satellites when on the support they have 4.6.3.6 for the router and 4.6.3.7 for the satellites??

 

The packages on the support site seem newer, should I upgrade to those? Can't believe NG is letting us down like this!! So frustrating.


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Router Mode |  Wifi Router CAX80 (Router Mode) and RBK963 (APMode) | and MK63 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M |

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 89 of 306
Nopeynope
Star

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

@FURRYe38 

 

Looking again, maybe I didn't disable 5G, but-  Wireless Settings screen, under basic tab on desktop admin portal(apologies, not sure formal term for it).

After taking a look again, I do see this is likely the AX that everybody's talking about in this thread.

When I unclicked "Enable 5G", and rebooted the router, the laptop saw the home network.

Message 90 of 306
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

Ok, thats only for enabling AX mode ordisabling AX mode on the radios, Doesn't actually disable the 5Ghz radio. Just the mode. 


@Nopeynope wrote:
Wireless Settings screen, under basic tab on desktop admin portal(apologies, not sure formal term for it).

After taking a look again, I do see this is likely the AX that everybody's talking about in this thread.

When I unclicked "Enable 5G", and rebooted the router, the laptop saw the home network.

 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Router Mode |  Wifi Router CAX80 (Router Mode) and RBK963 (APMode) | and MK63 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M |

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 91 of 306
Nopeynope
Star

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

Yes, I saw that just now, after looking again. Pardon my ignorance. 

 

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, can you point me in the right direction of understanding AX setting and if I even need to turn it on for my application? 

Message 92 of 306
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

https://www.extremenetworks.com/wifi6/what-is-80211ax/



If you dont' have any AX mode supporting devices, you can disable AX mode. 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Router Mode |  Wifi Router CAX80 (Router Mode) and RBK963 (APMode) | and MK63 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M |

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 93 of 306
r-lerman
Guide

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released


@Kevin923846 wrote:

Did anyone else experience a complete nightmare with the latest firmware (4.6.3.16_2.0.51) on the RBR850 / RBR750?

 

It completely crashed my whole system. First the satellites disapeared. Then I did a full "new system" setup. It rebooted into Router Mode and everything was back to normal then I switched back into AP Mode (which I need) and once again no satellites!

 

This is really a big problem. I'm very frustrated with Netgear!

 

Does anyone have a similar situation with a solution. If you haven't "upgraded to v4 firmware....Don't.


Did you connect your satellites to your Router via ethernet cable in AP mode?

Message 94 of 306
titaniumrx8
Apprentice

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

@Nopeynope

Enabling AX mode for 5ghz band provides a slight increase in the bandwidth for the wireless backhaul.
Message 95 of 306
Nopeynope
Star

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

@FURRYe38 

 

Ah, yes. Apologies, didn't realize AX= wifi 6.

 

Yes-  SEVERAL devices using. 

 

What's my fix to get an older wifi-N laptop to be able to see the network? Again, no issues whatsoever on this system for the last 9-10 months until this latest update.

Message 96 of 306
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

Ensure the adapters drivers are up to date on the laptop. 

Does the laptop support dual band connections? 2.4 and 5Ghz? 

What is CTS values set for currently on the RBR? 

What happens if you re-enable AX mode on 2.4Ghz? 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Router Mode |  Wifi Router CAX80 (Router Mode) and RBK963 (APMode) | and MK63 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M |

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 97 of 306
astainback
Apprentice

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

Any chance Netgear will buy these things back?

I am done.

I had issues when I first got them, but they are almost unuseable now.

I just unplugged the satellite.  

Almost everything is now running 2.4 due to the router being further away.

So far, pretty stable as a standalone.  Just sucks that I am not getting 5g.

I wish I could force things to connect to it, but you know... both radios, one name.  

 

Message 98 of 306
Nopeynope
Star

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

Yes, the adapters are up to date. Again, no issues with this laptop connecting to this mesh Network until this last firmware update. AX already enabled for both bands.
Message 99 of 306

Re: New RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.3.16 Released

Yup. Just like they have been for the past 6 months - prior to this firmware nightmare!

Message 100 of 306
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E