Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.5.14 Released

martin1982
Guide

i can t still believe that the  v4 version is working correctly on some places. Atm moment i have 4 Devices connected to my setup (1rbr750 and 4 rbs750) and still see several outages a day (network monitoring tool). It takes some minutes to comeback again. And it s through all satelites so not only one. it s a standard installation without anything special, several time factory defaults but it s still the same. So may people have also some other staff to do as monitor this piece of sh..... sorry. 

Message 226 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you disabled AX mode on 2.4Ghz? This doesn't effect the 5Ghz radio. Only 2.4Ghz. 

Also try using channel 11 and 48. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Try reducing the number of RBS to say 1 or 2 and see if problem still happens? 

I'm only using two RBS and am NOT seeing any "outages" since last Sataurday. 

What I did: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-Online-Update-4-6-3-16-RBR850-RB...

Others have mentioned a reset has helped them. You may need to factory reset the system and power the system OFF as well. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-4...
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-4...

If not open a support ticket with NG support and let them know what you are experiencing:

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

@martin1982 wrote:

i can t still believe that the  v4 version is working correctly on some places. Atm moment i have 4 Devices connected to my setup (1rbr750 and 4 rbs750) and still see several outages a day (network monitoring tool). It takes some minutes to comeback again. And it s through all satelites so not only one. it s a standard installation without anything special, several time factory defaults but it s still the same. 

Message 227 of 526
martin1982
Guide

Hi Fury, please don t missunderstand me but we already chatted in the last days. The last 2 month i tried everything beside the downgrade because i use parent control, and only the mobiles from my kids are now connected to my 1200 Euro Orbi Setup. all the other devices are connected to a 2.4ghz only wifi (a lot of alexas, shellys etc) about the ticket to netgear it would be good if i could do it but it seems to be in germany their is no option to pay for the support so i don t have any chance to connect to support. Also my messages to eg Blanco etc will not be answered. 

Message 228 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

I see Blanca_O has not been on since the 14th. Lets reach out to @DarrenM and @ChristineT please. 

Have you disable AX mode on the RBRs 2.4Ghz radio and set manual channel 11? 

@martin1982 wrote:

Hi Fury, please don t missunderstand me but we already chatted in the last days. The last 2 month i tried everything beside the downgrade because i use parent control, and only the mobiles from my kids are now connected to my 1200 Euro Orbi Setup. all the other devices are connected to a 2.4ghz only wifi (a lot of alexas, shellys etc) about the ticket to netgear it would be good if i could do it but it seems to be in germany their is no option to pay for the support so i don t have any chance to connect to support. Also my messages to eg Blanco etc will not be answered. 

Message 229 of 526
martin1982
Guide

Yes i did that already(after the settings were applied i plugged off all devices for about 10 minutes and started first the router till it was completly started and then one satelite after the other , for some hours it was good and then the satelites were crashing again. As mention i downloaded the debug log after the outage happened and there i saw the uptime.
Message 230 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, if you have access to the RBS, I recommend trying this, download the RBS FW v14 file for the RBS to a wired PC. Connect to each RBS's IP address and log in to the RBS web page one at a time and re-send the FW file to each RBS. After the FW loads and the RBS are back Online, I would factory reset the RBS, then turn them OFF. Remove the RBS from the RBRs web page. Then turn them ON and resync them using the button on the RBS and RBR or you can add them using the RBRs Add Satellite menu function. Re-add the RBS 1 at a time. 

I would do this with the RBS in same room as the RBR for ease of this process, then move back to remote location. 

@martin1982 wrote:
Yes i did that already(after the settings were applied i plugged off all devices for about 10 minutes and started first the router till it was completly started and then one satelite after the other , for some hours it was good and then the satelites were crashing again. As mention i downloaded the debug log after the outage happened and there i saw the uptime.

Message 231 of 526
martin1982
Guide

Hi

I tried this procedure last weekend but it not helped. It was fine for about 24hrs but it started again.
Message 232 of 526
wifiblues
Luminary

it just boggles the mind that Netgear puts out FW that is faulty and not well tested - maybe that is common in the tech world - perhaps the company should have stayed with AC vs AX.  the AC units didn't have such connectivity issues.  Maybe I should have stayed with AC as well.  Where are the NetGear engineers - perhaps they left for a competitor 🙂

Message 233 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, please try to contact Darren and Christine.

@martin1982 wrote:
Hi

I tried this procedure last weekend but it not helped. It was fine for about 24hrs but it started again.

Message 234 of 526
claudiut
Apprentice

@FURRYe38  Just an FYI, any messages I've sent to Christine / Darren in the last week or so are still unanswered. I honestly think they won't answer any "incovenient" messages from any users.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Ok, please try to contact Darren and Christine.

@martin1982 wrote:
Hi

Message 235 of 526

Just wanted to give an update - a big thank you to Netgear for absolutely bringing my work from home to a complete standstill! Whether it's wired or wireless... I know I can count on Netgear Orbi's to ruin it. I've been booted from calls, kicked from forms online, movies halted 10 minutes in. Thankfully we have a fix - reboot and reload every time. I'd put in a ticket, but I'm not sure I can stay online long enough to go through that.

Message 236 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

"Thankfully we have a fix - reboot and reload every time" What does reload every time mean? 

@Microsoft365 wrote:

Just wanted to give an update - a big thank you to Netgear for absolutely bringing my work from home to a complete standstill! Whether it's wired or wireless... I know I can count on Netgear Orbi's to ruin it. I've been booted from calls, kicked from forms online, movies halted 10 minutes in. Thankfully we have a fix - reboot and reload every time. I'd put in a ticket, but I'm not sure I can stay online long enough to go through that.

Message 237 of 526

It was mostly said tongue in cheek, but am referring to factory resets. Power cycling. Though most of the time I just release and renew my IP address until the Orbi decides to maintain a consistent connection.

For instance, just to post this, I had to release and renew my IP address on my ethernet connection 4 times. I'm just getting warmed up. Thankfully my phone connection to the cell tower miles away is consistent. Sucks that the wired connection in the other room cannot seem to offer that same consistency.

Message 238 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have IPv6 enabled on the RBR? 

Is the RBR connecting to your CM2000 at 2.5Gb on the WAN port? 

Wondering why the RBR is needed to be released and renewed on the WAN port. 

Has the CM modem been powered OFF for 1-2 minutes then back ON? 

@Microsoft365 wrote:

It was mostly said tongue in cheek, but am referring to factory resets. Power cycling. Though most of the time I just release and renew my IP address until the Orbi decides to maintain a consistent connection.

For instance, just to post this, I had to release and renew my IP address on my ethernet connection 4 times. I'm just getting warmed up. Thankfully my phone connection to the cell tower miles away is consistent. Sucks that the wired connection in the other room cannot seem to offer that same consistency.

Message 239 of 526

Because one of the wonderful things about this piece of $#!+ product is the way it loses its connection to the cable modem once a day or thereabouts- requires a renewal of lease at least, and sometimes a complete power cycle, to correct. And no, it isn't the cable modem (I have tried 3 different ones) and it isn't the ISP (other hard-wired devices don't lose connection ) and it isn't IPv6 (happens whether disabled or not) and it certainly isn't fixed by disabling AX mode on the 2.4g backhand. Face it, Furry, none of your fixes work. NETGEAR CORPORATE NEEDS TO RESPOND TO THEIR BROKEN FIRMWARE.
Message 240 of 526
jdk1120
Apprentice

Has the intermittent disconnect issue beed worse this week than the preceding weeks with this new firmware?  It has been for me and I'm not sure why.  I'll try turning off AX for 2.4ghz but it is odd that the issue has gotten worse with the settings unchanged.

Message 241 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make contact with NG support and let them know then. 

Good Luck. 

@SadOrbi4200 wrote:
Because one of the wonderful things about this piece of $#!+ product is the way it loses its connection to the cable modem once a day or thereabouts- requires a renewal of lease at least, and sometimes a complete power cycle, to correct. And no, it isn't the cable modem (I have tried 3 different ones) and it isn't the ISP (other hard-wired devices don't lose connection ) and it isn't IPv6 (happens whether disabled or not) and it certainly isn't fixed by disabling AX mode on the 2.4g backhand. Face it, Furry, none of your fixes work. NETGEAR CORPORATE NEEDS TO RESPOND TO THEIR BROKEN FIRMWARE.

Message 242 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if disabling AX mode works or not. Also try channel 11 and 48.

Also how was the RBS and RBR udpated? Auto update or manually FW file application? 

Try a factory reset and power OFF of the RBR and RBS for 5 minutes then back on if this hasn't been done. Sorry if I've already asked this question. Lots of users and hard to keep track of. 

@jdk1120 wrote:

Has the intermittent disconnect issue beed worse this week than the preceding weeks with this new firmware?  It has been for me and I'm not sure why.  I'll try turning off AX for 2.4ghz but it is odd that the issue has gotten worse with the settings unchanged.

Message 243 of 526
martin1982
Guide

another week gone and still no solution. whats going on there, are they all on vacation or just ignore their customer?

at least to have a beta to test, it can t be worser like today. so i m happy to be a beta tester if it helps, but as mentioned no response from the Netgear Guys/Womens here 😞

Message 244 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

FW fixed don't come over night. Just have to keep an eye on the NG download site. NG doesn't annouce when new FW is forthcoming. 

Message 245 of 526
martin1982
Guide

believe me this is a bookmark which i open several times a day and i m also working for a vendor but never ever let s customer a long time in the rain. yes software is software and their could be bugs but we are speaking about that the base functionality of this product which isn t working proberly since 2 month (at least for me) so it s not acceptable. The problem is i can t give it back nor i can sell it to anyone atm without to have a really bad feeling. 

Message 246 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

Well in current worldly conditions, I would not expect anything done in quick order. AT most, ive seen 2-3 months on a quick fix. Normally 6-9 months or even a year. It's how it is. Not much we can do.

Only thing you can do is that if your having problems with v4 FW is to downgrade back to v3 and wait it out. Downgrading DOES work. 

Message 247 of 526
martin1982
Guide

As mentioned i use parent control and it s not available in v3. So basicly the product wasn t ready for the market if it takes so long to fix the base function... But anyhow i agree we can t change it.... I m only a stupid customer who is buying expensive staff which not working...
Message 248 of 526
wifiblues
Luminary

I hope that Netgear reads the messages from the community support boards and is aware of the issues being experienced.  

Message 249 of 526
FURRYe38
Guru

Been mentioned many times. NG IS aware. 

Message 250 of 526
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7