Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.7.13 Released

0002mantt
Tutor

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.7.13 Released

Thank you so much for the details.  I was able to logon to the satellites and update the firmware!

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 51 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. 

@0002mantt wrote:

Thank you so much for the details.  I was able to logon to the satellites and update the firmware!

Message 52 of 184
j_rosen
Guide

This is what my admin portal shows.  

Should one sat be blank? seems wrong

Should I have different firmware versions?

Do I have to manually fix this?

Model Name Device Name Current Firmware Version Status
RouterRBR750RBR750V4.6.7.13No New Firmware Available
Satellite 1st floor No New Firmware Available
SatelliteRBS7502nd floorV4.6.5.14No New Firmware Available
Message 53 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

The RBS didn't get updated. You need to update the RBS first then RBR lastly. Review the first post regarding manually updating FW.

@j_rosen wrote:

This is what my admin portal shows.  

Should one sat be blank? seems wrong

Should I have different firmware versions?

Do I have to manually fix this?

Router RBR750 RBR750 V4.6.7.13 No New Firmware Available
Satellite   1st floor   No New Firmware Available
Satellite RBS750 2nd floor V4.6.5.14 No New Firmware Available

Message 54 of 184
Daddy1919
Guide

If the RBR is already updated and the RBS is not updated, does that mean you have to first downgrade RBR before upgrading RBS? That seems like a silly requirement!

These things should be able to deal with firmware versions being misaligned
Message 55 of 184
j_rosen
Guide

I hope not..I just manually did one of my two RBS and things seem ok - will do the other shortly (it was out of sync, so now it does show  in that table).

Message 56 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

As mentioned in the first post, the RBS need to be updated manually first. Then manually update the RBR. 

Been like this for a while since Orbi AC. 

Manual update process information linked in first post. 

@Daddy1919 wrote:
If the RBR is already updated and the RBS is not updated, does that mean you have to first downgrade RBR before upgrading RBS? That seems like a silly requirement!

These things should be able to deal with firmware versions being misaligned

Message 57 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

Once you get the 2nd RBS updated, you should be fine. 

@j_rosen wrote:

I hope not..I just manually did one of my two RBS and things seem ok - will do the other shortly (it was out of sync, so now it does show  in that table).

Message 58 of 184
j_rosen
Guide

ok , but  thats not what happened - so I now have one RBS updated - are you saying before doing the final one I should downgrade?   Im confused as to what to do and why would it not block this - if the rbs are not > version then block the auto update.  Please advise..

Message 59 of 184
j_rosen
Guide

This is what  it now shows - do I need  to downgrade and the n upgrade the router?

RouterRBR750RBR750V4.6.7.13Update failed
SatelliteRBS7501st floorV4.6.7.13No New Firmware Available
SatelliteRBS7502nd floorV4.6.7.13No New Firmware Available
Message 60 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

No. You should be good now. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

@j_rosen wrote:

This is what  it now shows - do I need  to downgrade and the n upgrade the router?

Router RBR750 RBR750 V4.6.7.13 Update failed
Satellite RBS750 1st floor V4.6.7.13 No New Firmware Available
Satellite RBS750 2nd floor V4.6.7.13 No New Firmware Available

Message 61 of 184
Theobuck
Apprentice

Might be a dumb question but; After upgrading the Satalites and Router should I reboot the system?  I thought I had read that in a pervous thread. 

Message 62 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend powering OFF the RBR and RBS for 1 minute or longer then back ON with the RBR next then RBS lastly. What I do when I update and don't factory reset. 

@Theobuck wrote:

Might be a dumb question but; After upgrading the Satalites and Router should I reboot the system?  I thought I had read that in a pervous thread. 

Message 63 of 184
Rudolphy
Apprentice

I updated to 7.13 a few days ago. No issues so far 😊

And I saved my configs to avoid trouble 😎

Message 64 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 65 of 184
ejwyant
Aspirant

Automatic update is not seeing this new version.  Attempted maunal update via iOS and Windows 10 and it fails at uploading the firmware zip. Given some of the comments here, I will hold off until a more stable version is released.

Message 66 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

I saw no issue with uploading FW using a Windows wired PC after the .zip file was unpacked. Be sure your unpacking the .zip files to reveal the actual FW.chk files that get selected on the RBS and RBRs web page. Send to the RBS first, the RBR lastly. 

@ejwyant wrote:

Automatic update is not seeing this new version.  Attempted maunal update via iOS and Windows 10 and it fails at uploading the firmware zip. Given some of the comments here, I will hold off until a more stable version is released.

Message 67 of 184
ejwyant
Aspirant

Actually I rebooted both router and satellite. Downloaded firmware again on the windows machine (did previous download on iOS to iCloud). Firmware applied manually and running now. Perhaps was zip corruption or something.
Message 68 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Enjoy. 

Message 69 of 184
RockTheGlobe
Guide

Failed part of the way through, and now I'm unable to use one of my satellites.  I started the process with one of my RBS750 satellites, and for some reason, the update didn't take.  The system is unable to see this satellite, and when I've tried to factory reset the satellite, the factory reset doesn't take either -- the satellite just boots up and acts like it's connecting normally to my RBK750, but the system doesn't "see" the satellite, even with multiple reboots of both RBS750 and RBK750.  That said, my network can still *access* the satellite (since I have a Synology NAS attached to it that I use for Time Machine backups, and backups have been occurring normally and I can access files on the NAS through my Mac), but Orbi thinks it doesn't exist.

I don't want to factory reset the RBK750 and the other RBS750 because I don't want to lose access to the rest of the network given that the factory reset isn't working on my initial satellite.

Message 70 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you connect the RBS with a ethernet cable to the back to the RBR and log into the RBSs web page and send it's FW file on the RBS web page with a wired PC and web browser? 

@RockTheGlobe wrote:

Failed part of the way through, and now I'm unable to use one of my satellites.  I started the process with one of my RBS750 satellites, and for some reason, the update didn't take.  The system is unable to see this satellite, and when I've tried to factory reset the satellite, the factory reset doesn't take either -- the satellite just boots up and acts like it's connecting normally to my RBK750, but the system doesn't "see" the satellite, even with multiple reboots of both RBS750 and RBK750.  That said, my network can still *access* the satellite (since I have a Synology NAS attached to it that I use for Time Machine backups, and backups have been occurring normally and I can access files on the NAS through my Mac), but Orbi thinks it doesn't exist.

I don't want to factory reset the RBK750 and the other RBS750 because I don't want to lose access to the rest of the network given that the factory reset isn't working on my initial satellite.

Message 71 of 184
RockTheGlobe
Guide

>>Can you connect the RBS with a ethernet cable to the back to the RBR and log into the RBSs web page and send it's FW file on the RBS web page with a wired PC and web browser? 

What's the RBS web page URL?  Is it just orbilogin.net, or is that only for the router?

Message 72 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

Take a look at the connected devices page on the RBR. Use the IP address seen there to get to the RBS web page. Try using the log in info thats used on the RBR, if that fails, use admin and password to log in. 

@RockTheGlobe wrote:

>>Can you connect the RBS with a ethernet cable to the back to the RBR and log into the RBSs web page and send it's FW file on the RBS web page with a wired PC and web browser? 

What's the RBS web page URL?  Is it just orbilogin.net, or is that only for the router?

Message 73 of 184
RockTheGlobe
Guide

Was unable to get the RBS750 to rejoin my network.  When I hardlined it to the RBK750, it showed up in my attached devices list; oddly enough, it said the firmware was already 4.6.7.13, but I re-uploaded the update, and the satellite web interface said it was working fine.  Then I detached the satellite from the Ethernet cable and rebooted, and it completely disappeared from the connected devices list -- not there as a connected satellite, not there as a connected device.  I tried again to factory reset the satellite, but the LED light turns blue every time I reboot, and trying to sync it to the RBK750 fails every time.  

The RBS750 satellite status page says the satellite is up and running (and running 4.6.7.13!), but the satellite is totally invisible to my network, and I can't get it to rejoin.  It's like Tom Hanks in "Cast Away," off existing on its own little island and insisting it's ready to rejoin humanity, but no one knows it's alive and well.

Also, I must be dense, but I can't see an option to quote from the message I'm replying to...?

Message 74 of 184
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the following:

1. Turn OFF the RBS. Select the Disconnect button on the RBR if this is seen for the one RBS. Reboot the RBR and then turn ON the RBS and see if its seen. 

2. Factory reset the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch. Add the RBS one at a time and see if the one RBS gets connected correctly and appears on the RBRs web page as a satellite. 

There is a pair of " on the post tool bar that you can use to quote something in the forums. 

Message 75 of 184
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7