Reply

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CBR750 Modem | Wifi Router CBR750(v.7) | Switches NG GS105/8 and XS505M | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3

Message 26 of 114
Timothy88
Luminary

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Restoring from a backup does always fix the problem.
Airport Extreme routing 750 running in AP mode.
Message 27 of 114
Talk2Mike
Apprentice

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Had my first post 4.6.8.2 crash last night. This morning I have reset to factory and re-loaded my backup to see if this fixes the issue.

It does seem this router needs a reset and reload after every firmware update!

ISP BT (UK) | Fibre ONT | Orbi RBK753
Message 28 of 114
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Odd. I never had crashes after updating firmwares. Just annoying bugs like the former guest network connection issue to the Internet.

 

Message 29 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

 

If it happens again, try a factory reset and setup from scratch with out loading a saved backup from file.


@Talk2Mike wrote:

Had my first post 4.6.8.2 crash last night. This morning I have reset to factory and re-loaded my backup to see if this fixes the issue.

It does seem this router needs a reset and reload after every firmware update!


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CBR750 Modem | Wifi Router CBR750(v.7) | Switches NG GS105/8 and XS505M | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3

Message 30 of 114
Jimbo84
Apprentice

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Well sadly I think I'm also going to have to perform a factory reset since updating.  Twice now, I've had complete loss of wifi, and the time it takes for it to come back makes me feel like it is doing some sort of hard reboot (it takes a few minutes to return).  All devices lose access.  Phones, Laptops, Cameras.  Just as if someone had turned the power off at the switch.  At first I was hoping it was a one off, but it happened again today randomly.

 

Up time shows 2hrs 38mins (So 15:39 is the correct time for when it came back online).  Logs don't anything prior to the loss.  All they show is the device re-initalising, then grabbings some IPs, edge router connects, then it corrects its time with NTP and off it goes like nothing has happened. 😐

 

  • [Time synchronized with NTP server] Wednesday, May 04,2022 15:39:11
  • [Internet connected] IP address: 10.9.x.x, Tuesday, Dec 07,2021 02:45:41
  • [DHCP IP: (192.168.x.x)] to MAC address XYZ, Tuesday, Dec 07,2021 02:45:40
  • [DHCP IP: (192.168.x.x)] to MAC address XYZ, Tuesday, Dec 07,2021 02:45:39
  • [DHCP IP: (192.168.x.x)] to MAC address XYZ, Tuesday, Dec 07,2021 02:45:39
  • [Initialized, firmware version: V4.6.8.2_2.1.9] Tuesday, Dec 07,2021 02:45:37

Another job for the weekend.

Message 31 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Ok thanks for letting us know. Ya, a reset maybe needed. I am tracking this as well. Seeing odd system time resets and reboots for unknown reasons. After you reset and setup from scratch, keep track of the system uptime from 1st start and see if anything changes here. 


@Jimbo84 wrote:

Well sadly I think I'm also going to have to perform a factory reset since updating.  Twice now, I've had complete loss of wifi, and the time it takes for it to come back makes me feel like it is doing some sort of hard reboot (it takes a few minutes to return).  All devices lose access.  Phones, Laptops, Cameras.  Just as if someone had turned the power off at the switch.  At first I was hoping it was a one off, but it happened again today randomly.

 

Up time shows 2hrs 38mins (So 15:39 is the correct time for when it came back online).  Logs don't anything prior to the loss.  All they show is the device re-initalising, then grabbings some IPs, edge router connects, then it corrects its time with NTP and off it goes like nothing has happened. 😐

 

  • [Time synchronized with NTP server] Wednesday, May 04,2022 15:39:11
  • [Internet connected] IP address: 10.9.x.x, Tuesday, Dec 07,2021 02:45:41
  • [DHCP IP: (192.168.x.x)] to MAC address XYZ, Tuesday, Dec 07,2021 02:45:40
  • [DHCP IP: (192.168.x.x)] to MAC address XYZ, Tuesday, Dec 07,2021 02:45:39
  • [DHCP IP: (192.168.x.x)] to MAC address XYZ, Tuesday, Dec 07,2021 02:45:39
  • [Initialized, firmware version: V4.6.8.2_2.1.9] Tuesday, Dec 07,2021 02:45:37

Another job for the weekend.


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CBR750 Modem | Wifi Router CBR750(v.7) | Switches NG GS105/8 and XS505M | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3

Message 32 of 114
Timothy88
Luminary

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

I checked earlier today and uptime was around 7 days.  

Looks like another great release by Netgear.  

Guess this wasn't tested as well as claimed.

Basic Information

Firmware Version: V4.6.8.2_2.1.9

dumaos: v3.0.410

seal: v2.1.5.37-0

seal_services: v2.1.5.12-0

armor-bd: v2.2.100.3

spc-circle: v3.25.0.2

CPU Load: 14.52%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 366 MB/874 MB

System Uptime: 0 days 09:47:24

Airport Extreme routing 750 running in AP mode.
Message 33 of 114
Timothy88
Luminary

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

@FURRYe38 

So I'm guessing this problem is user configuration and has nothing to do with the firmware update?

Airport Extreme routing 750 running in AP mode.
Message 34 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

What is the Brand and model ISP modem/ONT the RBR is connected too? 

Can you list me how many devcies, wired and wireless you have connected all at once on the system? 

 

Did you notice the front LED behavior by chance when this happened? 

Any noticable drops in wifi or internet services when this happened? 


@Timothy88 wrote:

I checked earlier today and uptime was around 7 days.  

Looks like another great release by Netgear.  

Guess this wasn't tested as well as claimed.

Basic Information

Firmware Version: V4.6.8.2_2.1.9

dumaos: v3.0.410

seal: v2.1.5.37-0

seal_services: v2.1.5.12-0

armor-bd: v2.2.100.3

spc-circle: v3.25.0.2

CPU Load: 14.52%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 366 MB/874 MB

System Uptime: 0 days 09:47:24


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CBR750 Modem | Wifi Router CBR750(v.7) | Switches NG GS105/8 and XS505M | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3

Message 35 of 114
Timothy88
Luminary

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Arris S33
40-60 devices depending normally around 45
6 devices are wired
No one was home at the time the reboot occurred. Luckily it happened before my wife had to start working.
Airport Extreme routing 750 running in AP mode.
Message 36 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Are you using the 1Gb or 2.5Gb port on the modem? 

 

Ok, If you would keep an eye on the system uptime and try to track how often this happens.

 

I've already let NG know what I saw with my 7 and 8 series. Will keep on them. 


@Timothy88 wrote:
Arris S33
40-60 devices depending normally around 45
6 devices are wired
No one was home at the time the reboot occurred. Luckily it happened before my wife had to start working.

 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CBR750 Modem | Wifi Router CBR750(v.7) | Switches NG GS105/8 and XS505M | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3

Message 37 of 114
SeaRefractor
Apprentice

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Works stable, except for one serious issue.

 

Issue?   My OOMA Telo is recognized as an Orbi Sat and is not working correctly as a VoIP device.    I've reset the OOMA and I've reset my Orbi RBK753 setup to no avail.

 

While everything else is fantastic, my VoIP service for phone is now completely useless.

 

Anyone else own an Ooma Telo and having issues since this update?

Adtran ONT ---> Orbi RBR750 -> 940Mbps up/down
Message 38 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Is the OOMA device wireless or wired to the system?

What happens if you put the OOMA in the RBRs DMZ? Setup a IP address reservation for the OOMA device on the RBR first.

 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?


@SeaRefractor wrote:

Works stable, except for one serious issue.

 

Issue?   My OOMA Telo is recognized as an Orbi Sat and is not working correctly as a VoIP device.    I've reset the OOMA and I've reset my Orbi RBK753 setup to no avail.

 

While everything else is fantastic, my VoIP service for phone is now completely useless.

 

Anyone else own an Ooma Telo and having issues since this update?


 

 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CBR750 Modem | Wifi Router CBR750(v.7) | Switches NG GS105/8 and XS505M | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3

Message 39 of 114
SeaRefractor
Apprentice

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Wired.

 

It's fixed now.  While I had reset the device, I had to unplug it and connect the "home" connection to my laptop and reconfigure the device.  I don't use the Ooma as a router, which is what Ooma would prefer but the ethernet port is only the super slow "fast ethernet".   If they released the device with the only change for modern ethernet, I might be interested in their Zscaler security feature, but for now it just hangs off of the Orbi router.

 

ONT is a Adtran 424 for Fiber optic hand off.

Adtran ONT ---> Orbi RBR750 -> 940Mbps up/down
Message 40 of 114
Timothy88
Luminary

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

2.5GB port

 

Airport Extreme routing 750 running in AP mode.
Message 41 of 114
SeaRefractor
Apprentice

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

For those having issues, I do recommend the reset and then restore from device configuration backups.   It does make a difference (not only for Netgear Orbi, but for other devices as well).

 

Apparently this is not unique to just Netgear Orbi devices.  😉

Adtran ONT ---> Orbi RBR750 -> 940Mbps up/down
Message 42 of 114
chet99
Tutor

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Can someone clarify - does a reset need to be done on satellites after updating firmware?  One would not automatically update and was done manually (wirelessly, not via cable).  It now seems to be causing disconnections (it's area of the house anyway).

 

I'm also seeing poor backhaul status since updating.  Taking one satellite offline seems to cause poor backhaul status.

 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Message 43 of 114
kgs1951
Aspirant

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

I have the same issue. I can't access the orbi router after selecting routerlogin.net. It says that this site can't be reached. So I don't have a chance to login at all.

Message 44 of 114
chet99
Tutor

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

I had the same problem with mine when I first bought it.

 

try plugging directly into it from a computer and enter 192.168.1.1 or possibly 192.168.0.1 into a browser.

Message 45 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Please review the first post this in this thread about doing Factory resets. If you choose to do one, the RBS and RBR need to be reset. 


@chet99 wrote:

Can someone clarify - does a reset need to be done on satellites after updating firmware?  One would not automatically update and was done manually (wirelessly, not via cable).  It now seems to be causing disconnections (it's area of the house anyway).

 

I'm also seeing poor backhaul status since updating.  Taking one satellite offline seems to cause poor backhaul status.

 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CBR750 Modem | Wifi Router CBR750(v.7) | Switches NG GS105/8 and XS505M | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3

Message 46 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡


@SeaRefractor wrote:

Wired.

 

It's fixed now.  While I had reset the device, I had to unplug it and connect the "home" connection to my laptop and reconfigure the device.  I don't use the Ooma as a router, which is what Ooma would prefer but the ethernet port is only the super slow "fast ethernet".   If they released the device with the only change for modern ethernet, I might be interested in their Zscaler security feature, but for now it just hangs off of the Orbi router.

 

ONT is a Adtran 424 for Fiber optic hand off.


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CBR750 Modem | Wifi Router CBR750(v.7) | Switches NG GS105/8 and XS505M | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3

Message 47 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Would you mind changing to the 1Gb WAN Port on the ISP Modem to connect the RBR too? See if this changes what your seeing? 

 


@Timothy88 wrote:

2.5GB port

 


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CBR750 Modem | Wifi Router CBR750(v.7) | Switches NG GS105/8 and XS505M | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3

Message 48 of 114
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

Try 192.168.1.1 as well. If you can't then Factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. 


@kgs1951 wrote:

I have the same issue. I can't access the orbi router after selecting routerlogin.net. It says that this site can't be reached. So I don't have a chance to login at all.


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CBR750 Modem | Wifi Router CBR750(v.7) | Switches NG GS105/8 and XS505M | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3

Message 49 of 114
Timothy88
Luminary

Re: New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version 4.6.8.2 Released

I can.
Is netgear going to offer compensation for out testing efforts and problems as they created this with the automatic update?
Airport Extreme routing 750 running in AP mode.
Message 50 of 114
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E