Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBR850 / RBS850 Firmware Version v4.6.7.5 Released

jcsimas
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@jcsimas wrote:

1. why cant i use the ethernet backhaul? Be sure your connecting RBS to the RBR using the following methods:

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy... 📡

Be sure your using good quality LAN cables. CAT6 is recommended.

i am using it as per picture 3 (with the switch) (even tough it was connected on port 2 of the RBS)

2. is the proximity from the satellites blocking/slowing the speed? RBS 1 & 2 are closer than 30feet ...

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What Firmware version is currently loaded? v4.6.7.5
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? ASKEY TCG310J with sfw 1.1.12.1

Thanks for Your help 🙂

Message 376 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

@jcsimas wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@jcsimas wrote:

1. why cant i use the ethernet backhaul? Be sure your connecting RBS to the RBR using the following methods:

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy... 📡

i am using it as per picture 3 (with the switch) (even tough it was connected on port 2 of the RBS)

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

2. is the proximity from the satellites blocking/slowing the speed? RBS 1 & 2 are closer than 30feet ...

30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? ASKEY TCG310J with sfw 1.1.12.1

What mode is the modem working in? Router or Modem only mode? This modem has a built in router FYI

Message 377 of 460
jcsimas
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@jcsimas wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@jcsimas wrote:

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

Dlink 108 DGS-108 HW Ver C6

30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS

now i understand that...

What mode is the modem working in? Router or Modem only mode? This modem has a built in router FYI

It is working as modem only.

since the Deco Mesh system that i had, that it is configured as modem only, using it as a bridge on port 4 of the modem

The setup was working perfectly with the former mesh system

Message 378 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

Do this, take 1 RBS to same room as RBR and connect it directly to the back of the RBR with out the D-Link switch in  the middle. Let us know it it shows up as a Wired connection on the RBRs web page. So same for 2nd RBS as well. 

Message 379 of 460
jcsimas
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Do this, take 1 RBS to same room as RBR and connect it directly to the back of the RBR with out the D-Link switch in  the middle. Let us know it it shows up as a Wired connection on the RBRs web page. So same for 2nd RBS as well. 

It does show wired Coneected

Message 380 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

So with the D-Link switch in the middle does the RBS connect to the RBR and show wired? 

@jcsimas wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Message 381 of 460
tjtrimble
Luminary

@FURRYe38

Were you able to find out any info on this?  If so, did they give up any release notes with it?

@MoaiRon wrote:

@FURRYe38   Support offered me v4.6.7.13 today, maybe you can get if for the users here.

Message 382 of 460
jcsimas
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

So with the D-Link switch in the middle does the RBS connect to the RBR and show wired? 

Yes...the problem will be freezing

@jcsimas wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Message 383 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

Freezing meaning? 

@jcsimas wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@jcsimas wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Message 384 of 460
jcsimas
Aspirant

meaning Conection falling every 10m, speedtests dont even even start and the speeds stall. totally unusable network

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Freezing meaning? 

@jcsimas wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@jcsimas wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Message 385 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

I would try a different swtich. This rev version of the switch has some green ethernet that maybe interfering between the RBR and RBS when it's in the middle. 

NG GS-105/108v4 and GS308v3, D-Link DGS-105/108 Rev A and HP ProCurve 1400/1800 series switches work for Orbi systems.

Message 386 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

Sorry not approved for release yet. 

@tjtrimble wrote:

Were you able to find out any info on this?  If so, did they give up any release notes with it?

Message 387 of 460
jcsimas
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I would try a different swtich. This rev version of the switch has some green ethernet that maybe interfering between the RBR and RBS when it's in the middle. 

NG GS-105/108v4 and GS308v3, D-Link DGS-105/108 Rev A and HP ProCurve 1400/1800 series switches work for Orbi systems.

I ll try to get a new one tomorrow...but it happens as well when it s directly connected to the RBR...i tried that as well

Message 388 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 389 of 460
jcsimas
Aspirant

Thanks for All Your Help.

i ll try with new cables as well

just in case 🙂

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@jcsimas

@jcsimas

Message 390 of 460
Eriksen76
Apprentice

This morning I installed my brand new 853 setup and followed the guide installing 4.6.7.5

So far I see big imprevements compared with my old Nighthawk MK63 system.

One question, how do I disable automatic firmware update. I can't see the option under advanced, administration, firmware update?

On my old Nighthawk system it was located in the buttom of the screen.

I found this thread. But maby its because i'm a newbie... but I can't seem to find a guide / solution how to do it.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBR850-How-to-disable-automatic-firm...

Thanks alot  in advance.

Message 391 of 460
Eriksen76
Apprentice

Strange... FW. 4.6.7.5 issus with my second sattelite in my kidsroom showing poor backhaul status... sometimes out of sync.

But he is playing Fortnite in his room and he says its playing flawless??

Message 392 of 460
Chuck_M
Mentor

@Eriksen76 wrote:

This morning I installed my brand new 853 setup and followed the guide installing 4.6.7.5

So far I see big imprevements compared with my old Nighthawk MK63 system.

One question, how do I disable automatic firmware update. I can't see the option under advanced, administration, firmware update?

On my old Nighthawk system it was located in the buttom of the screen.

I found this thread. But maby its because i'm a newbie... but I can't seem to find a guide / solution how to do it.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBR850-How-to-disable-automatic-firm...

Thanks alot  in advance.

There is no option in the setup to do this in Orbi. 

Message 393 of 460
Eriksen76
Apprentice

@NGSvensk wrote:

Firmware Version v4.6.7.5 is broken for satellites.  I downgraded to 4.6.6.11 and it is totallly different on how the satallite handles clients.  The downgrade was butal to the satellite but eventually got it up and going. 

Been rock solid since about midnight yesterday and the satellite has over double the clients that V4.6.7.5 would have.

I think that like the earlier versions 4.6.6.11 factory reset on the satellite does not work.  Version 4.6.7.5 satellite reset did work, so I know that my satellite is not broken.

I hope that Netgear does not force upgrades to this new version that is still clearly broken

Where can I find 4.6.6.11 - I have issues with one of my sattelites keep on saying poor no matter where I place it. I use 4.6.7.5.

There is something about adding a third sattellite. I would like to try 4.6.6.11

Message 394 of 460
Garwoofoo
Apprentice

Several people have experienced severe issues downgrading from 4.6.7.5, I really wouldn't recommend it based on what I've seen here.

In my experience 4.6.7.5 is actually fine for satellites, it is the monitoring software (the web dashboard and the mobile app) that is broken. For me they regularly report devices as connected to the "wrong" satellite, or wired when they are wireless, or show the satellites as disconnected when I know they are working... it's a constant problem, and seems to get worse the longer the system has been up and running.

Logging in to the satellite's IP address and looking at the list of connected devices from there seems to give an accurate picture of what is going on, and it's often very different to what the app or router dashboard thinks is going on.

Message 395 of 460
Eriksen76
Apprentice

@Garwoofoo wrote:

Several people have experienced severe issues downgrading from 4.6.7.5, I really wouldn't recommend it based on what I've seen here.

In my experience 4.6.7.5 is actually fine for satellites, it is the monitoring software (the web dashboard and the mobile app) that is broken. For me they regularly report devices as connected to the "wrong" satellite, or wired when they are wireless, or show the satellites as disconnected when I know they are working... it's a constant problem, and seems to get worse the longer the system has been up and running.

Logging in to the satellite's IP address and looking at the list of connected devices from there seems to give an accurate picture of what is going on, and it's often very different to what the app or router dashboard thinks is going on.

Very useful info thanks alot, because I was pretty confused why on earth it shows poor bachhaul status on my kids room when he has no problems gaming. You know... I hear nothing about "its laggin paps" and all when playing Fortinte. I also get high speeds when doing a speed test in his room?

Message 396 of 460
Chuck_M
Mentor

Update on RBR-850 w/3 x  RBS-850s in Router Mode Memory utilization:  

Hard to explain why memory so drastically climbed from 2-10 Feb and then fell (10-12 Feb) and leveled off (12-19) Feb when there has been absolutely zero changes or differential loads applied to router or network

I am thinking it has to be something on Netgear server side although all services (armor, circle, logging) are turned off).

Would be interested in other's observations:

Screenshot 2022-02-19 082035.png

Message 397 of 460
tjtrimble
Luminary

My memory topped out around 710MB a couple of weeks ago, decreased to about 610MB last weekend, then started climbing back up.  Today I'm at 660MB.  Everything seems to be working fine, but lately I can't access the orbi interface on my iPhone, but can on my iPad.  I was thinking about a reboot to see if that resets the memory and see it restores my app access.

2022-02-19_10-14-29.jpg

Message 398 of 460
skeelo
Luminary

Any idea when Netgear is going to make officially release this firmware?  V4.6.3.16 is the last official firmware download available.

Message 399 of 460
FURRYe38
Guru

I notice same from work yesterday, I couldn't connect remotely to the system in AP mode. 

Noticed that Anywhere Connect is disabled and won't enable from local connetion. 
I presume there maybe some incompatibiliy on there Orbi app services and this version of FW since it's not full release. 

App works locally though. 

Keep us posted on if yours gets near max memory usage again...

@tjtrimble 

Message 400 of 460
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7