Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Satellite RBS850

pbreed
Aspirant

New Satellite RBS850

So I installed a RBR850 and RBS850 in my house.
The signal was a bit weak in the middle of the house so I bought a new RBS850 to
cover the gap.

It made no difference at all.
Both Sats are using wired backhaul to the router.
The two sats go directly to two ports on the router.
(The other two ports go to, primary PC and a gigabit switch for the rest of the wired devices in the house.)

Using the orbilongin web display on the PC:
On the home page it only shows one satellite.

When I go to the orbilong attached devices  display (pc using browser)
and look at attached devices both satellites show up, but only the origional one shows a model number. The newly added one does not.

Both show good wired back haul.

When I go to the advanced firmware update page it
only shows the router and the ONE satellite. It does not show the 2nd sat.

Thoughts?
The router and origional satellite are easy to get to, the  new satellite is easy to power cycle, but hard to physically access.

Before I installed it in its permant location I set it up with a short ethernet cable to the router where I had easy access and both the main display and attached devices shows two satellites, I did not check the firmware in that configuration.

When I ping the IP Address of the new satellite (as shown in attached devices)
It responds and the arp cache in the PC shows the same MAC address as the router attached devices display does. (Very differnt MAC prefix to the origional)

I think I'm going to try the following:
Power cycle the Orbi router.
Get the ladder out and trade the working satellite for the non-workign satellite.
Then work on diagnoseing the non working unit while I have access.

Additional Suggestions?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New Satellite RBS850

Does the new RBS show a IP address on the RBRs web page? If so, download the same version of FW thats on the RBR and current RBS to the new RBS web page using the IP address thats found on the RBRs web page for the new RBS. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Does the new RBS show a IP address on the RBRs web page? If so, download the same version of FW thats on the RBR and current RBS to the new RBS web page using the IP address thats found on the RBRs web page for the new RBS. 

Message 2 of 4
pbreed
Aspirant

That fixed it.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors