Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No internet on MacBook after firmware update on Orbi 6 AX6000

Seacrazed310
Aspirant

No internet on MacBook after firmware update on Orbi 6 AX6000

Been running the Orbi 6 AX6000 for almost 1yr with no problems. Router updated firmware last night and now my MacBook has no internet. I can see and connect to my ssid but no web pages will load. Every other Apple product works on the network 2 iPhones iPad, all other devices in the home connect and work fine. I’ve gone thru Apple support and tried everything. Computer will connect to a hot spot.

This is clearly an Orbi firmware issue that has now blocked my MacBook on some way. I rely on working from home and this is not good. Please help!!!!!
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: No internet on MacBook after firmware update on Orbi 6 AX6000

What version did you update too? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBR850-RBS850-Series-Firmware-Version-v3-2-17-12-Releas...

Has a full power OFF of the RBR and RBS for 30 seconds then back ON, been performend since last update? 

What does the wifi icon report when connected to the RBR? 

What OSX version are you using? 

Message 2 of 4
Seacrazed310
Aspirant

Firmware shows V3.2.16.22.  Looks like you're showing a more recent one.  I shut down the router and satellite completely and let them sit a couple of times.  Using OS Mjoave 10.14.6.  Not sure which wifi icon you're referring to.  On my mac under the wifi button it shows my ssid with a check mark and connected.  I'll try the firmware update you linked.  I'm pretty sure when I checked for an update on the app it said it had the latest.  How do I get the firmware update on the router from the download link if my mac isn't connecting to the router?  Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The wifi icon thats on the top tool bar near the date and time on OSX. 

I would also turn OFF The wifi radio on the mac for 5 seconds then turn it back on and check. 

You might turn OFF 1 RBS as well. 

I presume your mac doesn't have a eithernet port? I know mine doesn't and I had to get a USB C to ethernet adapter. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7