Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Non techie seeking easy solution

davidb22
Follower

Non techie seeking easy solution

Hi. I am in Australia and have an NBN FTTP connection which I presume includes what looks like a modem.  I have a largeish 2 story home so was thinking a mesh system might provide the best coverage.

Currently I have a portable wireless solution which is going back as although it provides coverage it is slow.

My ISP requires PPPoe which caused massive dramas with an eero that I failed to connect despite its apparent capabilities!

So, despite using all these acronyms I have no idea what they mean. I just want to plug it in have some decent help in real time and get connected!!

2-3 users, no gamers, no 4K streaming just small business use and probable download speeds of only 100Mbs (yet to connect to new ISP)

Suggestions welcome!  Not looking to spend megabucks but do need the coverage. Does not have to be mesh if i don't need it. House area probably around 300m2 of 2500 square feet.

I was hoping the AX4200 WiFi Mesh System (RBK752)
Orbi Tri-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System, 4.2Gbps, Router + 1 Satellitearmor might be perfect???

Thanks in advance!

David

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Non techie seeking easy solution

The 7 series should fit nicely there. 

30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Too Much Wifi: https://youtu.be/UR0viMLISz4

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Non techie seeking easy solution

Does your small business supply internet to others? (guest networking, guest access, etc)

If so, I'd invest the extra and go with the business grade SXK80 version so you could separate that traffic out onto its own vlan for data separation. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7