Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI 960E NOT SHOWING WIFI6E ON MY LAPTOP

atiq020
Aspirant

ORBI 960E NOT SHOWING WIFI6E ON MY LAPTOP

I change my windows 10 home addition  wifi adapter to intel wifi 6e ax210 ALL Driver are upto date and Orbi ENABLE wifi 6E. mode. but still not showing on my laptop. 

my product details are

using WINDOWS 10 HOME  ALL UPDATED

WIFI INTEL ADAPTR AX210 6E all drivers upto date

ORBI WIFI 6E  ENABLE 6E MODE

but still not show any wifi6e on my laptop?

Message 1 of 34

Accepted Solutions
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

@atiq020 

I have never seen anything definitive that Windows ever put out an update that successfully supported WiFi 6E under WIndows 10.   There were lots of "We will support on this update and then we will support on this next update".   I've seen other comments from Windows that says that you need to be on Windows 11 to have native support for WiFi 6E.

There were some methods using one particular driver set and some registry tweaks that kind of enabled WiFi 6E support but that was the towards the end of last year I believe.  The only device I have with a WiFi 6E card even had some issues with that method.

I finally updated the one PC with the WiFi 6E card to Windows 11  (even though it truly didn't support Windows 11 due to one requirement) and have full WiFi 6E  support  and have had zero issues with running Windows 11 on the PC that did not meet 100% of the requirements.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 34

All Replies
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

@atiq020 

I have never seen anything definitive that Windows ever put out an update that successfully supported WiFi 6E under WIndows 10.   There were lots of "We will support on this update and then we will support on this next update".   I've seen other comments from Windows that says that you need to be on Windows 11 to have native support for WiFi 6E.

There were some methods using one particular driver set and some registry tweaks that kind of enabled WiFi 6E support but that was the towards the end of last year I believe.  The only device I have with a WiFi 6E card even had some issues with that method.

I finally updated the one PC with the WiFi 6E card to Windows 11  (even though it truly didn't support Windows 11 due to one requirement) and have full WiFi 6E  support  and have had zero issues with running Windows 11 on the PC that did not meet 100% of the requirements.

Message 2 of 34
CrimpOn
Guru

@atiq020 wrote:

All Drivers are up to date

I do not have a computer capable of WiFi6E, and thus lack the personal experience described by @TC_in_Montana . Would you please consider verifying that the up to date device driver supports WiFi6E by navigating to the Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center. Select Change Device Settings (left side of screen). Then right click on the WiFi adapter, select Properties, select Configure. Then select the Advanced Tab.  Here's what my old desktop WiFi shows:

CrimpOn_0-1660491035716.png

My newer laptop has a lot more entries on the Advanced tab.  Does yours have an entry for WiFi6E?

Message 3 of 34
atiq020
Aspirant

sorry to tell in my question, i already did  yours steps. but when i chose ax mode in advanced its not stored  goes back  to previous settings 

Message 4 of 34
CrimpOn
Guru

@atiq020 wrote:

sorry to tell in my question, i already did  yours steps. but when i chose ax mode in advanced its not stored  goes back  to previous settings 

The Intel web site says that Windows 11 is required for the Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+) adapter to use the 6G wireless band:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059385/wireless.html 

Also, there is often confusion between WiFi6 (which is 802.11ax in the 5GHz wireless band) and WiFi6E (which is in the 6GHz wireless band).

I would hope that the Advanced settings for the Intel AX210 would include a setting that specifically mentions 6E.

Windows 10 certainly supports 802.11ax, so I have no idea what would cause the Advanced setting to behave that way.

Message 5 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

"WIFI INTEL ADAPTR AX210 6E all drivers up to date" This is a WiFi 6E supporting adapter. I have this one on one of my PCs. It does work for both Windows 10 and 11 though there was some info out there that MS didn't want to support 6E in Windows 10. Mines currently running on Windows 11. 

image_2022-08-14_140023883.png

Message 6 of 34
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for the screen capture. Will be interesting to see if the OP's system displays the same information.

Could you please report the driver version number as well? (To see if his matches.)

Message 7 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

This what I have currently:

image_2022-08-15_173238914.png

Message 8 of 34
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks.  Driver date: 5/24/2022

Message 9 of 34
atiq020
Aspirant

Same as mine but i am using windows 10 home uptodate vers, only thing is when i select the mode in properties to ax  or 6ghz its goes back to n/ac mode cant store or saved 6GHZ SETTING in windows 10, i also google help to edit Registry too but not helped

Message 10 of 34
CrimpOn
Guru

Not much the Orbi can do if the laptop will not let you use WiFi6E (or even WiFi6) Bummer.

Message 11 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

I'll have to check, There was a specific version of driver that worked for me that was mentioned. I'll check my PC today and see. 

I know @TC_in_Montana may have some additional info on this as well as we were both using these drivers back then. I was able to get my AX adapter working and connected on my 9 series on Windows 10 back then. 

Message 12 of 34
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

@CrimpOn @atiq020 @FURRYe38 

As noted in my earlier post - the only way I was able to get the 6GHz band recognized under Windows 10 was to use a specific (and now OLD) version of an Intel Driver and then it also required some other tweaks.    Here is a link to the website that showed how to do it.

https://dongknows.com/wi-fi-6e-6ghz-intel-ax210-driver/#how-to-install-the-intel-ax210-driver-that-u... 

While this gave some access to 6GHz band under Windows 10, it was not consistent, and did not show true connectivity speeds, channel, and at times would drop back to 5GHz.   It was truly a "work around" that worked sometimes.

It's not an Orbi thing, it's not a driver thing, it's a Windows thing - and Microsoft's desire to NOT fully support 6GHz under Windows 10.

Message 13 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

There he is and that's it's. 

Thank you @TC_in_Montana 

Message 14 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

So heres my AX210 connected to the Orbi 9 series using v22.45.1.1 driver in Windows 10x64:

AX210v224511_Windows10.pngWin10x64_AX210v224511_Orbi960_6Ghz.png

Message 15 of 34
atiq020
Aspirant

OK i c, so its mean i download previous version 22.45.1.1 not the current one. for windows 10 . i can find out old driver , can you tell me which website i can download old driver the one you used and also wifi scanner which u show its using 6GHZ plz

Message 16 of 34
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

@atiq020 

For the wireless driver, you will need to use the link I posted (has dongknows in the website) and there is a download link there.   It will take you to another website, with the download page.   

Make sure you follow the directions in that link for how to install it - paying particular attention to which steps to follow based on current driver version.

For the WiFi Analyzer that @FURRYe38 posted showing connection to 6GHz - you can get that from the WIndows Store.  (It is free).

Message 17 of 34
atiq020
Aspirant

As far as i understand you using driver 22.45.11 On widows 10  and you getting 6MHz  and 6E , Signal ?  

Message 18 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

6Ghz and yes. 

My adapter card connects at 2400Mpbs on 6Ghz as seen on my picture there.

Message 19 of 34
atiq020
Aspirant

sorry i download and install the link you mention but there are not such 22.45.1 driver which you display , but i downgrade nearest driver , its wont work 6ghz or 6E . may be the removed such driver, there are few more so i tried 22.70.1 but its wont show 6GHZ 

Message 20 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

I'll send you a link to mine when I get home so you can get it there. 

I think those links are out dated.

Message 21 of 34
atiq020
Aspirant

THANKYOU

Message 22 of 34
atiq020
Aspirant

Thankyou, i got the driver which you sent, but unfortuntly because i already install the current intel  22.150.3 latest its wont allowed me to go back , i uninstall and the driver but  one its reboot its automatic download the latest one, i tried before reboot too but still cant go back. 

i roll back to prevs driver and then tried but still error cant download you already got latest  plz adviced

Message 23 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

I forced the driver using the following method:

Update Driver

1.png

Browse my computer for drivers

2.png

Let me Pick from a list

3.png

Have Disk

4.png

Navigate to the folder were the AX210 drivers are located...

Message 24 of 34
atiq020
Aspirant

YES, MANY THANKS ITS INSTALL VER 22.45.1.1  but still showing 5GHZ. cant se any 6GHZ or 6E . I also tried to change MODE TO AX in advanced wifi setting. also my ORBI are already ENABLE 6/6E   Can you screen shot what setting do i need to set in Advancd wifi mode. when i changed to wifi ax MODE its goes back to a/b/g/n/ac  plz

Message 25 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 18 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7