Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI 960E NOT SHOWING WIFI6E ON MY LAPTOP

atiq020
Aspirant

Re: ORBI 960E NOT SHOWING WIFI6E ON MY LAPTOP

After install 22.45.1.1 driver i also tried to change the mode to expand 6GHz  and Auto. but when i click OK its goes back to First mode a/b/g/n/ac  also i check in wifi list there no 6ghz adapter . and wifi analyzer still showing 5.2ghz .plz 

Message 26 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

I left everything default on the adapters advanced settings. 

6Ghz=6E 

Message 27 of 34
atiq020
Aspirant

ok i think might be its works for some  i tried as its in advanced wifi or changed to set 6 or ax mode but its goes back to default a/b/g/n/ac first mode. anyway Many thanks alteast i tried with your help . nothing more u can do . many thanks . i will wait may b next update will do some changes. 

Many thanks 

Message 28 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you set up the separate 6Ghz SSID broadcast and see if your card see it? 

Message 29 of 34
atiq020
Aspirant

Yes i just change diffrent name  of 6ghz , Still not seen . 

Message 30 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

@atiq020 wrote:

I change my windows 10 home addition  wifi adapter to intel wifi 6e ax210 ALL Driver are upto date and Orbi ENABLE wifi 6E. mode. but still not showing on my laptop. 

my product details are

using WINDOWS 10 HOME  ALL UPDATED <Not sure if the HOME version is supporting of 6Ghz. Mines a Pro version. 

WIFI INTEL ADAPTR AX210 6E all drivers upto date

ORBI WIFI 6E  ENABLE 6E MODE

but still not show any wifi6e on my laptop?

Message 31 of 34
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

@atiq020 

I am not sure if it is a Windows 10 Home thing or Windows 10 thing in general  (like @FURRYe38 )  I had a Windows 10 Pro version as well.

But, I am concerned about one other statement you made - and that is that you have tried to change the settings in the driver properties to use 802.11AX on the 5GHz band and it continues to revert back to AC.    Am I understanding that correctly?   You are going to the device manager, expanding Network Adapters, selecting the Intel AX210 card, right click on in and selecting Properties, then on the pop-up selecting the Advanced Tab, and scrolling down to 802.11 n/ac/ax Wireless Mode, selecting 4.  802.11AX and pressing OK?

If you do that, and it continues to drop back to AC, then that tells me maybe there is something wrong with that card.  Either it is not installed fully, or maybe the antenna wires are not connected properly, or something.

Did you install this card?  Did it come installed in that PC?   Is there something in the BIOS maybe that you need to change?   What brand/model is the PC?   What brand/model is the AX210 card.  Is it a separate card or is it a module that you installed on the motherboard?   If a standalone card - what slot in the PC did you put it in?    I've seen some of these card that require it to be in a certain type of slot and if you put it in an incorrect type of slot - it doesn't register correcting/work correctly.

You should at least be able to get to 802.11AX mode with this card on 5GHz - regardless of whether or not it can see the 6GHz channel (which again, may be operating system issue - not card or router issue).

OOOPS - Edited to add -   It can't be a standalone card - I see you mentioned it was a LAPTOP.   So it must be a Wireless Module - not a card.

Message 32 of 34
atiq020
Aspirant

Many thanks for Very brief reply.  i install myself its INTEL AX210  WIFI 6E.  its work fine , can connect to 5GHZ and 4GHZ . fine only i cant used  6GHZ OR 6E . I GOT DELL INPRION i7. laptop with windows 10 home update. i think card itself install correctly i attached antena wire to but not  sure if its detached or not . but card install drivers automatic from intel driver assistance

its works fine on 5g or 4g.  only issue cant find 6GHZ 

Message 33 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

Been mentioned that Windows 10 Insider build was needed to get AX210 working for 6Ghz. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/ax210-window-10-21h2-not-showing-6GHz-networks/m-p/1338022

Doesn't mentioned the variant here however I can only presume its not a HOME version.

Also:

https://kb.netgear.com/000064414/Does-my-Microsoft-Windows-PC-support-WiFi-6E

Windows 10 doesn't really seem to officially support 6Ghz so you may need to upgrade your Windows 10 to Windows 11...

Message 34 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 18 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7