Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI AX600 - WIFI Printer EXPSON AX 7100 problem

Krivas
Initiate

ORBI AX600 - WIFI Printer EXPSON AX 7100 problem

A few weeks ago I installed an new Orbi AX6000 system with one satelite RBR852. Then I tried to install my old Canon MX455 printer without succes. I thought, the printer was to old, so I bought a new one; EPSON XP-7100. But the same problem. I can connect the printer to the network, so I have connection. Al the rapports I can make are fine. I can also see the printer at orbilogin. It's having the status; allowed. But when I try to setup the printer with the EPSON software, it tells me; cannot find the printer. I can also not see the printer in the Windows configuration screen. The sollution EPSON brings is; it is an security problem, mostley called; privacy separation function?

Mayby some extra info; the RBR850 is connected to the modem, and my desktop is also directly connected to the modem.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI AX600 - WIFI Printer EXPSON AX 7100 problem

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread and solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Your desktop PC should be conneted to the Orbi system. 

Contact the printers mfr for additional help and information regarding there product. 

Message 2 of 5
Krivas
Initiate

Your desktop PC should be conneted to the Orbi system. .... that was the problem. Now my modem is out the bridge mode en the Orbi is in AP-mode and it is working. But not actualy the way I want it... so I thing I will buy an USB-WIFI adaptor for my desktop, that wil also work, is me told...

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread and solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
Mikey94025
Hero

@Krivas wrote:

Your desktop PC should be conneted to the Orbi system. .... that was the problem. Now my modem is out the bridge mode en the Orbi is in AP-mode and it is working. But not actualy the way I want it... so I thing I will buy an USB-WIFI adaptor for my desktop, that wil also work, is me told...

It sounds like your PC needs a wired network connection and that's why you had it plugged into the modem.  Have you tried plugging your PC into one of the Orbi's network ports?  You want all your devices on the same network, i.e., your Orbi network, whether wired or wireless.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7