Reply

ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

mcnitzken
Guide

ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

Hi, was hoping I might get some help here as after calling Netgear I got met with "Everything appears to be fine", despite the fact the satellite no longer works.

 

I have an Orbi 752 set with 1 RBR750 and 2 RBS750. They have previously worked fine with zero issues for well over a year, but I was prompted to do the v4.6.3.7 firmware last night and have had nothing but headaches. Despite all the initial problems, I managed to get the main router connected and working again and 1 of the satellites working.

 

The second satellite goes from "blue" to "pulsing white" and shows "Out of Sync" with the backhaul every 3-4 minutes, which basically makes it unusable.

 

I have factory reset it prob ~12 times, I have downgraded and re-upgrade the firmware on the satellite. I have set the Preamble to "short", and increased the CTS to 2347. I have tried everything I can possibly think of including factory resetting the entire system and reconfiguring it from scratch at least 8 times so far. I'm really out of options for how to potentially solve this other than unplugging and not using the satellite.

 

I had initially thought of trying to downgrade everything back to the v3 firmware which was very stable for me, but I couldn't figure out how to downgrade the router itself. The satellites I uploaded the downgrade firmware and they took it and changed their firmware easily. The Router when I upload the firmware gives me only an option for "No". I tried looking at using the `tftp` option and pushing Block 0 after a factory reset, but was never able to get anything to take. Was hoping some users or support might have an idea to help?

Message 1 of 50

Accepted Solutions
mcnitzken
Guide

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

I'd actually tried most of these options as I'd seen some of the previous posts and started trying everything out of desperation. I've sort of reached a point of a usable point, although probably not the optimal situation. 

the router seems to be stuck on the v4 firmware, but I was able to downgrade both satellites to v3.18 and after a factory reset they connected up and are working normally. So basically I have two different firmwares running, but my speeds are actual normal and the coverage is stable now. 

So, while definitely not a perfect option for anyone else stuck with a non working system after v4 you can

1. Go to the RBS750 support page and download the latest v3 firmware (I used the v3.18)

2. Plug into each satellite with Ethernet and manually load the downgrade and run it

3. Factory reset the router and set it up the satellites and internet

4. On one of the satellites I needed to do a factory reset on the satellite as it had a different login password after the downgrade and was showing solid purple. 
5. I also set static ips for both of my satellites

 

Its not 100% perfect as I occasionally see out of sync messages in the logs, but the satellites themselves powered on and connected as blue and after a minute or two the light went out and they both have ~30 devices hooked up to them now with the router having another 40. Everything is getting decent speed tests and is able to work on the network. It's been stable for over 2 hours now, so I'm going to consider this a win as I had at most 5 mins of stability for the last 24 hours. 

I'll probably leave my network in this split firmware state and hope that netgear can release some updated firmware that doesn't nuke the satellites soon!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 50

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

Lets try installing v4 FW files on the RBS first and RBR lastly using wired PC and web browser. 
After FW is updated on the RBS and RBR, I would factory reset the RBS and RBR and setup from scratch. 

Also power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute then back ON. Complete the setup wizard on the RBR. I would not sync the RBS just yet. Turn them OFF. 

 

Setup the RBR and get it connected and test the stability of the RBR alone. 

Then maybe sync 1 RBS and check stability again.


What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

 

 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.3.5(Router mode/LAG Disabled) & EX7700x2
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, and WNHDE111
Message 2 of 50
mcnitzken
Guide

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

I'd actually tried most of these options as I'd seen some of the previous posts and started trying everything out of desperation. I've sort of reached a point of a usable point, although probably not the optimal situation. 

the router seems to be stuck on the v4 firmware, but I was able to downgrade both satellites to v3.18 and after a factory reset they connected up and are working normally. So basically I have two different firmwares running, but my speeds are actual normal and the coverage is stable now. 

So, while definitely not a perfect option for anyone else stuck with a non working system after v4 you can

1. Go to the RBS750 support page and download the latest v3 firmware (I used the v3.18)

2. Plug into each satellite with Ethernet and manually load the downgrade and run it

3. Factory reset the router and set it up the satellites and internet

4. On one of the satellites I needed to do a factory reset on the satellite as it had a different login password after the downgrade and was showing solid purple. 
5. I also set static ips for both of my satellites

 

Its not 100% perfect as I occasionally see out of sync messages in the logs, but the satellites themselves powered on and connected as blue and after a minute or two the light went out and they both have ~30 devices hooked up to them now with the router having another 40. Everything is getting decent speed tests and is able to work on the network. It's been stable for over 2 hours now, so I'm going to consider this a win as I had at most 5 mins of stability for the last 24 hours. 

I'll probably leave my network in this split firmware state and hope that netgear can release some updated firmware that doesn't nuke the satellites soon!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

OK, thanks for letting us know...

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.3.5(Router mode/LAG Disabled) & EX7700x2
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, and WNHDE111
Message 4 of 50
wrakoski
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

My setup has been working for quite a while, without a hitch.  I also upgraded firmware on everything last night and have struggled getting back to a stable state.

 

My RBR750 is in AP mode (I have 1GB AT&T) since I can't take the AT&T router out of the mix.  My previous setup was my two RBS750's were ethernet backhauled and everything was great.

 

After the firmware upgrade, I had to sync both satellites again and the only way I could get it to work was to disconnect the ethernet backhaul and let them use 2.4Ghz.  The satellites 'acted' like they were fine, booted and then had the blue LED for a couple of minutes.  However, they weren't sync'ed at all.  Another strange behavior is that prior to the upgrade, they were listed in my DHCP as RBS750 and now they show as an unknown string.  The RBR750 shows properly.

 

I hope there is a new firmware released soon as I enjoyed the extra distance/bandwidth the ethernet backhaul provided.

 

Message 5 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

After the FW update, did you power OFF fully the RBR and RBS? 
Try a factory reset and setup from scratch? 


@wrakoski wrote:

My setup has been working for quite a while, without a hitch.  I also upgraded firmware on everything last night and have struggled getting back to a stable state.

 

My RBR750 is in AP mode (I have 1GB AT&T) since I can't take the AT&T router out of the mix.  My previous setup was my two RBS750's were ethernet backhauled and everything was great.

 

After the firmware upgrade, I had to sync both satellites again and the only way I could get it to work was to disconnect the ethernet backhaul and let them use 2.4Ghz.  The satellites 'acted' like they were fine, booted and then had the blue LED for a couple of minutes.  However, they weren't sync'ed at all.  Another strange behavior is that prior to the upgrade, they were listed in my DHCP as RBS750 and now they show as an unknown string.  The RBR750 shows properly.

 

I hope there is a new firmware released soon as I enjoyed the extra distance/bandwidth the ethernet backhaul provided.

 


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.3.5(Router mode/LAG Disabled) & EX7700x2
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, and WNHDE111
Message 6 of 50
wrakoski
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

Yes, just factory reset RBR and both RBS' with same results.  The satellites will connect to the RBR via WiFi but drop off when connected via ethernet.  When connected via WiFi the signal is not so good so I get the amber light.  When I plug in the ethernet, the LED turns blue and then off, but the RBR doesn't see them at all.  If I just unplug the ethernet, the satellites automatically connect back to the RBR.

Message 7 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

How are the RBS ethernet connected to the RBR? Directly to the back of the RBR or is there a switch in between? 


@wrakoski wrote:

Yes, just factory reset RBR and both RBS' with same results.  The satellites will connect to the RBR via WiFi but drop off when connected via ethernet.  When connected via WiFi the signal is not so good so I get the amber light.  When I plug in the ethernet, the LED turns blue and then off, but the RBR doesn't see them at all.  If I just unplug the ethernet, the satellites automatically connect back to the RBR.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.3.5(Router mode/LAG Disabled) & EX7700x2
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, and WNHDE111
Message 8 of 50
wrakoski
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

There are switches in between.  None of that has changed, only the firmware update.

Message 9 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

Can you test 1 of the RBS directly connected to the back RBR and see if the RBS connects and remains ethernet connected? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?


@wrakoski wrote:

There are switches in between.  None of that has changed, only the firmware update.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.3.5(Router mode/LAG Disabled) & EX7700x2
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, and WNHDE111
Message 10 of 50
wrakoski
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

Direct connect seems to be working.  

 

There are three switches inline between where my satellite was and the RBR.  Two of them are Netgear GS608v4 and the other is a Netgear GSS108E.

 

So the path previously was RBS --> GS608v4 --> GSS108E --> RBR

Both my satellites have the same path.  The GSS108E is in the basement with ethernet to each room and then the GS608v4 in each room to service multiple devices in each space.

Message 11 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

Ok, now try this. Connect one of the switches in between the RBS and RBR. Try the GS608 first. Seen what happens. Then take the 608 out and put in the GS108E. Let us know the results here.

 

I see the 608 has green ethernet features where the 108E doesn't. The 108 seems to be older and EoL 10 years old. FYI. 


@wrakoski wrote:

Direct connect seems to be working.  

 

There are three switches inline between where my satellite was and the RBR.  Two of them are Netgear GS608v4 and the other is a Netgear GSS108E.

 

So the path previously was RBS --> GS608v4 --> GSS108E --> RBR

Both my satellites have the same path.  The GSS108E is in the basement with ethernet to each room and then the GS608v4 in each room to service multiple devices in each space.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.3.5(Router mode/LAG Disabled) & EX7700x2
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, and WNHDE111
Message 12 of 50
wrakoski
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

My testing has shown that putting *any* of my switches between the RBS and the RBR breaks the ethernet backhaul.

Message 13 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

What CAT version is your cabling in between the RBR and RBS? CAT6 is recommended. 

Any chance you can try one of these? NG GS-105/108v4, D-Link DGS-105/108 and HP ProCurve 1400/1800 series switches


@wrakoski wrote:

My testing has shown that putting *any* of my switches between the RBS and the RBR breaks the ethernet backhaul.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.3.5(Router mode/LAG Disabled) & EX7700x2
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, and WNHDE111
Message 14 of 50
wrakoski
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

The cable hooked to my RBR is at least CAT5, not sure about CAT6.  The pigtail cables I used to attach the RBS to the switch is CAT6.  A couple of other points, in all cases the RBS got an IP address from the DHCP server (my AT&T router) so it was communicating but wouldn't sync to the RBR.  Additionally, based on my cable setup, I had to route the RBR cable through each switch an in all cases the RBR had no trouble reaching the internet through the same switch which broke the ethernet backhaul.

 

I don't have those other switches.

Message 15 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

What mode is the RBR running in? Router or AP mode with the ATT Router? 

Your ISP Modem already has a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

 

I recommend you open up a support ticket and reference this thread for review with NG support. 

Seems that if it had been working before the FW update, something broke afterwards with having switches in between the RBR and RBS. 

Be aware that your 1 GS108E is legacy and should be replaced. GS108v4 should be it's next successor model. 

Be sure your runing ALL CAT6 LAN cabling. Don't mix with older CAT versions. 

 

 


@wrakoski wrote:

The cable hooked to my RBR is at least CAT5, not sure about CAT6.  The pigtail cables I used to attach the RBS to the switch is CAT6.  A couple of other points, in all cases the RBS got an IP address from the DHCP server (my AT&T router) so it was communicating but wouldn't sync to the RBR.  Additionally, based on my cable setup, I had to route the RBR cable through each switch an in all cases the RBR had no trouble reaching the internet through the same switch which broke the ethernet backhaul.

 

I don't have those other switches.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.3.5(Router mode/LAG Disabled) & EX7700x2
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, and WNHDE111
Message 16 of 50
wrakoski
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

It's in AP mode as I tried in vain to get my NVG589 to do proper passthrough.  

All wireless radios are turned off on the NVG589.  I'd like to bypass it, but there are countless posts in many forums that that particular AT&T router won't do passthrough.  

 

Thanks for your help!

Message 17 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

I'd ask your ISP to see if there is a more up to date modem or if there is a modem only unit available with out a built in router. 

 

Does this modem have a DMZ? IF it does you can use the DMZ on the modem for the RBR in router mode...


@wrakoski wrote:

It's in AP mode as I tried in vain to get my NVG589 to do proper passthrough.  

All wireless radios are turned off on the NVG589.  I'd like to bypass it, but there are countless posts in many forums that that particular AT&T router won't do passthrough.  

 

Thanks for your help!


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.3.5(Router mode/LAG Disabled) & EX7700x2
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, and WNHDE111
Message 18 of 50
dragonrunner
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

I'm on firmware V4.6.3.7_2.0.49.

I also had wifi problems. Wired no issue. None of my devices could connect. I changed the wifi password. Verified that I could connect via wifi with my ipad and android phone. Then I changed the password back to what it was and was again able to connect to the wifi. Then all of my other devices connected sucessfully.

Maybe the password hash stored in the router got corrupted. Or simply resetting the wifi settings cleared up the issue.

Message 19 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

Sometimes a factory reset and setup from scratch is a good thing.

 


@dragonrunner wrote:

I'm on firmware V4.6.3.7_2.0.49.

I also had wifi problems. Wired no issue. None of my devices could connect. I changed the wifi password. Verified that I could connect via wifi with my ipad and android phone. Then I changed the password back to what it was and was again able to connect to the wifi. Then all of my other devices connected sucessfully.

Maybe the password hash stored in the router got corrupted. Or simply resetting the wifi settings cleared up the issue.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.3.5(Router mode/LAG Disabled) & EX7700x2
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, and WNHDE111
Message 20 of 50
cugarguy
Initiate

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

I have he same issue - nothing has changed in my setup or placement, but as soon as the firmware updated, now my satalite blinks colored lights at me.  It never lit up before because it always had a solid connection.  I unplugged the satelite and tested the wifi signal strength from the router. It used to be in the 70-100 Mbps range, and now it is around 10Mbps or less.  I contacted support, and they said the hardware was fine, so the update must have "changed my configuration" and that it would cost me $100 for the support contract in order to fix it (what a scam).  They also mentioned that my 2.4G and 5G were likely switching back and forth on the backhaul, though I don't see where I can control that anywhere.  

 

I tested multiple mesh networks and this one by far has been the best, until this firmware update.  The support person re-upgraded my routers and satelites and then had me do a full reset.  I seem to have a better signal now, but the statelite is still showing amber, and then blue and then amber again, and the admin portal says it has a poor backhaul connection.  I think my next step is to back off the 4.6.3.7 release and see if things improve.  I can always reupgrade if I need to.

Message 21 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

Try removing the RBS from the RBRs connected clients page. Factory reset the RBS by pressing the reset button in back for 15 seconds then release. Power OFF the RBS and take it to the same room or near the RBR. Power ON the RBS and try to re-sync the RBS by pressing the sync button on the RBS then on the RBR. 


@cugarguy wrote:

I have he same issue - nothing has changed in my setup or placement, but as soon as the firmware updated, now my satalite blinks colored lights at me.  It never lit up before because it always had a solid connection.  I unplugged the satelite and tested the wifi signal strength from the router. It used to be in the 70-100 Mbps range, and now it is around 10Mbps or less.  I contacted support, and they said the hardware was fine, so the update must have "changed my configuration" and that it would cost me $100 for the support contract in order to fix it (what a scam).  They also mentioned that my 2.4G and 5G were likely switching back and forth on the backhaul, though I don't see where I can control that anywhere.  

 

I tested multiple mesh networks and this one by far has been the best, until this firmware update.  The support person re-upgraded my routers and satelites and then had me do a full reset.  I seem to have a better signal now, but the statelite is still showing amber, and then blue and then amber again, and the admin portal says it has a poor backhaul connection.  I think my next step is to back off the 4.6.3.7 release and see if things improve.  I can always reupgrade if I need to.


 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.3.5(Router mode/LAG Disabled) & EX7700x2
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, and WNHDE111
Message 22 of 50
mcnitzken
Guide

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

Discovered some more information related to this and posted it in the main thread, but if anyone stumbles onto this thread this might help solve some issues with actually running the 4.x firmware since a true downgrade of the router firmware seems impossible:

 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBK752-753-Firmware-Version-4-6-3-7-Released/m-p/212958...

Message 23 of 50
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully disabling of AX mode will help until NG gets this fixed. Please be patient. 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.3.5(Router mode/LAG Disabled) & EX7700x2
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, and WNHDE111
Message 24 of 50
Lasertour
Star

Re: ORBI RBS750 no longer stable in v4.6.3.7 - Possible downgrade assistance

I also have the exact same issue since the v4.6.3.7 firmware upgrade. My CAT6 connected (via Netgear switch) Orbi Satellite does not maintain backhaul connectivity now and worse yet the entire network goes down (RBR750+RBS750) 4-5 times a day for a couple minutes. My at&t fiber has no issues and is up and running during these Netgear outages. Before firmware update, my network was fantastic for a year plus. If I have to manually reset and rebuild the entire network, I will move to another more stable platform with a better UI and included live support. Does anyone know if Netgear acknowledges this issue and when a firmware fix will be available?

Message 25 of 50
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 49 replies
  • 1781 views
  • 9 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E