Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBS850 Blinking White and will not connect to RBR850 Router

Pdiggs
Aspirant

ORBI RBS850 Blinking White and will not connect to RBR850 Router

Please Help. I had both satelites working fine and now 1 satelite will not connect. It just blinks white. I have factory reset to blinking amber and it still blinks white. I've tried to hardwire my laptop to the satelite and can't get an IP to update firmware. This is only a month old- please provide feedback or it's getting returned! Thanks

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBS850 Blinking White and will not connect to RBR850 Router

What you need to do is factory reset the RBS. Wire connect a PC to the 1st satellite. Already have the most current FW version files downloaded on to this PC. 

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS.Press the reset button for 15 seconds then release. and wait about 5 minutes. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Use the satellites web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites to the RBR. 

IF this fails then you'll need to get the RBS replaced. 

Message 2 of 8
Pdiggs
Aspirant

Thanks I tried to follow this. But it's confusing- what is the point of connecting to the first Satellite and then to the dead one?

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Sorry I should have not mentioned the 1st satellite, rather, Connec to the one satellite giving you problems. 

Message 4 of 8
Pdiggs
Aspirant

thanks, I've tried multiple times, reset the satelite, connect via ethernet to laptop, reset IP address, and wan adapter, restarted laptop. The RBS850 satellite won't assign an ip. It actually just keeps blinking white. After the hard reset it turns amber, then blinks amber, then blinks white and that's all it does. Makes for a really annoying night light! I guess now it's onto Netgear customer service to negotiate a replacement. That should be fun since it was bought from Amazon as a part of a package with two satelites. The system is amazing- when it was working! 

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

How long do you wait on the RBS to give an IP address to the connected LT after you resetting? Usually takes about 5-6 minutes. 

Ya, get in contact with NG support and ask about an RMA. 

@Blanca_O 

Message 6 of 8
Pdiggs
Aspirant

Thanks! I have waited up to 10 minutes. I'll try one more time tonight, otherwise it's either a cool paperweight or Customer service will hook me up

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Send a forum moderator to see if they can help. It's coming up to the weekend so might not see anything till Mondayish.

@Blanca_O 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7