Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Old satellite new rbr850 router

Oggy85
Follower

Old satellite new rbr850 router

I had an old orbi router with 2 rbw30 plug in satellite and a rbs40v satellite.
I upgraded to a rbr850 router. I converted my old router to an access point.
In the app it is showing my old satellites as connected wired devices. They dont show up in the web access to the router.
How do I get them to be recognized as satellites? Ive gone through the set up several times
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Old satellite new rbr850 router

@Oggy85 wrote:
In the app it is showing my old satellites as connected wired devices. They dont show up in the web access to the router.
How do I get them to be recognized as satellites? Ive gone through the set up several times

The original Orbi satellites (RBW30 and RBS40v) will not sync with the new "AX" router because their backhaul radio technology is not compatible with the AX system.  The RBS40v has alternate firmware which will allow it to funtion "with ANY WiFi router"

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbs40v-200.aspx#download 

The question will probably get a response from "someone who knows" if posted in the Orbi AX community forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us now if you get the RBS40v connected. You'll nee to install the Extender version of FW on that RBS. 

@Oggy85 wrote:

Message 3 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

@Oggy85 wrote:

If you want to use old non AX satellites,with your new RBR850, you will have to hardwire them. The RBS40v solution has already been posted.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7