Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One of my satellites is still using the standard admin/password login

Erik_W
Star

One of my satellites is still using the standard admin/password login

I have a strange problem with my Orbi 853 system. The system is running stable on the new v4.6.8.5 firmware. One of my satellites is still using the standard admin/password login. The other one is synced with the password I set when I bought the system, as it should be. No big problem, I can login into my satellites with two different passwords, but it is annoying that this problem can't be solved. I have done a reset on this satellite to factory default several times, removed the satellite and re-synced several times, have done multiple firmware upgrades since the beginning, but this problem remains.  Anyone got a clue how to solve this? 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: One of my satellites is still using the standard admin/password login

Factory reset the one RBS, then turn it OFF. Take the RBS to near or same room as the RBR. 
On the RBRs web page under Connected Devices, select the remove button next to the row that has the RBS showing as disconnected. After the one RBS is removed, reboot the RBR and wait for ready.

Turn ON the RBS. When the front LED on the RBS slowly blinks WHITE, press the sync button the RBS then on the RBR. Wait a few minutes. The front RBS LED should turn BLUE. 

Check the status on the RBRs web page for the 2nd RBS. Should show GOOD and not Out of Sync. Give it about 5 minutes. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the one RBS, then turn it OFF. Take the RBS to near or same room as the RBR. 
On the RBRs web page under Connected Devices, select the remove button next to the row that has the RBS showing as disconnected. After the one RBS is removed, reboot the RBR and wait for ready.

Turn ON the RBS. When the front LED on the RBS slowly blinks WHITE, press the sync button the RBS then on the RBR. Wait a few minutes. The front RBS LED should turn BLUE. 

Check the status on the RBRs web page for the 2nd RBS. Should show GOOD and not Out of Sync. Give it about 5 minutes. 

Message 2 of 6
Erik_W
Star

Thanks, I followed these instructions. Now the satellite is "Out of Sync" and I can't get it to "good" anymore. Tried the same steps again, but no result. Front RBS led doesn't turn blue. Before both satellites were connected "good" (but one with the factory password). Bigger problem now..

EDIT: tried factory resetting, disconneting, restarting and resyncing exactly as your described five times. With the 5th attempt I suddenly got a blue LED and status turned to "good". Also: now that satellite is working with the correct password! Don't know why it needed that many attempts.. but it worked. Thanks again @FURRYe38 ! 🙂

Message 3 of 6
Flupke
Guide

Glad that you managed to fix the issue after five attempts. I had tried the satellite reset once unsuccessfully and decided that the burden of trying to fix that issue was worse that living with the issue (knowing that it is infrequent that one need to connect to the satellite administration page) hoping that a firmware fix would eventually solve it one day.
Message 4 of 6
Erik_W
Star

Don’t give up 😀. Follow exactly the steps that Flurry describes. And do it again if unsuccessful. Your password issue will be solved. Its worth the (max) one hour it costs, knowing this little puzzle is solved. Even if it doesn’t bother you that much..😉
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@Erik_W wrote:

Thanks, I followed these instructions. Now the satellite is "Out of Sync" and I can't get it to "good" anymore. Tried the same steps again, but no result. Front RBS led doesn't turn blue. Before both satellites were connected "good" (but one with the factory password). Bigger problem now..

EDIT: tried factory resetting, disconneting, restarting and resyncing exactly as your described five times. With the 5th attempt I suddenly got a blue LED and status turned to "good". Also: now that satellite is working with the correct password! Don't know why it needed that many attempts.. but it worked. Thanks again @FURRYe38 ! 🙂

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7