Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi 753 - ‘400 Bad Request’ on LAN settings

Orbi 753 - ‘400 Bad Request’ on LAN settings

I have the Orbi 753. I am unable to save any changes to LAN settings, presented with a ‘400 Bad Request’ screen.

Accessing settings via 192.168.1.1, and using menu option Advanced -> Setup -> LAN Setup. Upon hitting ‘Apply’, the error appears.

This is on the 3.2.17.x firmware, and the new 3.2.18.1.

I have tried multiple browsers, across iOS, Mac, windows... all the exact same issue. Have also tried a factory reset. From Reddit, I appear to not be the only one facing this issue.

Is it affecting everyone? Any solutions?
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions

The issue was present on the v3.2.17.x firmware. Whilst on that firmware I tried a factory reset of all units to solve the issue, but it did not resolve it.

Yesterday I updated to the v3.2.18.1 firmware. The issue remained. Whilst on this firmware I today performances a factory reset of all units; that resolved the issue.

So issues existed on both firmwares; but whilst a factory reset did not help whilst on v3.2.17.x, it did resolve the issue on the new v3.2.18.1 firmware.

Thanks for the support from everyone.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to contact NG support about.

@ChristineT 

Message 2 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @MaleHumanUK

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me check this with the team and will report back with an update as soon as possible.  

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 10
svetaketu
Luminary

Hi, what values were you trying to change from the LAN setup page? I tried making changes on mine but I didn't get the 404 error. BTW, I'm using Chrome and also running FW v3.2.18.1.
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

I resolved this. After updating firmware to the latest one, I again today did a factory reset.

Sorted.
Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Now be sure to save off a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. Please mark your thread as solved.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @MaleHumanUK

Thank you for the update. Glad to know that it is now sorted out. 

Just to clarify, you mentioned on your initial post that issue is present on the 3.2.17.x firmware, and the new 3.2.18.1. And that the issue was fixed after updating the firmware. Did you reflash the firmware v3.2.18.1? 

Looking forward to your response. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 7 of 10
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Something to contact NG support about.

@ChristineT 

@FURRYe38 you are the person 

direct line to NG moderators 

way cool 

Message 8 of 10

The issue was present on the v3.2.17.x firmware. Whilst on that firmware I tried a factory reset of all units to solve the issue, but it did not resolve it.

Yesterday I updated to the v3.2.18.1 firmware. The issue remained. Whilst on this firmware I today performances a factory reset of all units; that resolved the issue.

So issues existed on both firmwares; but whilst a factory reset did not help whilst on v3.2.17.x, it did resolve the issue on the new v3.2.18.1 firmware.

Thanks for the support from everyone.
Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to make a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7