Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi 753 unencrypted 5ghz network even though WPA2 security is turned on

fangruoyuan
Guide

This kind of non-secure wifi bug should not exists in any orbi setup. (I mean no matter
How you setup your Orbi) For me, rbk 50 have no secure wifi problem no matter how I set it up(wireless,wired, ap mode, router mode) Please check how many firmware versions rbk 50 have. Rbk50 might have this bug too in the earlier stage.
Message 51 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

Maybe give this a try and see if it helps. Again your system maybe in a bad state is all. One user having problems doesn't consitute a global problem in FW. IF NG isn't acknowledging it then probably means they checked and it's not a problem. You need to take steps to correct your system or ask NG for additional help and support. Maybe an RMA.

My RBK50 system doesn't see this as well. Wireless or wired RBS. All is secure on current FW. Same goes for my Orbi AX system. 

Message 52 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

This user was able to get this going:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Orbi-753-unencrypted-5ghz-network-even-though-WPA2-security...

I suggest you try this as well. 

Message 53 of 58
fangruoyuan
Guide

I think more people will join this discussion unless NG fix it. Since orbi ax 3series and 7series is on sale now, and I think they share some core codes in the firmware with 8series. With more orbi ax series, more people will find this issue.
Message 54 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

Until they do, you seem to be the only one. Again, Try what other users have done or contact NG support. 

Good Luck. 

Message 55 of 58
fangruoyuan
Guide

NG support think it might be something with my wifi password . I have a @ in it. Do you have any symbol in your WiFi password?
Message 56 of 58
gerald732
Tutor

nope, no symbol for my wifi password.

Message 57 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

That would be one possible cause. 

So did you remove the special character from the PW and what were the results? 

Try a simple 6-15 alpha character only password to see if the RBS completes and syncs correctly with correct security status? 

I don't use special characters on mine. 

@fangruoyuan wrote:
NG support think it might be something with my wifi password . I have a @ in it. Do you have any symbol in your WiFi password?

Message 58 of 58
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 57 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7