Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 840 Drops Wifi Everyday at 10:30am

djrecon
Follower

Orbi 840 Drops Wifi Everyday at 10:30am

I have an Orbi 840 system which we really like, except for one annoying issue. Everyday around 10:30am, it kicks every device off of the wifi for a few minutes. Any devices that are hardlined to the orbi lan ports are fine. It's just the devices connected via wifi. I am running firmware 3.18.

Is this a known issue, or is there a way to at least force this drop to happen during the middle of the night?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi 840 Drops Wifi Everyday at 10:30am

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Does the front LED on the RBR or RBS turn on WHITE, PINK or BLUE when this happens? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Traffic Meter and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set CTS to 2347. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7