Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AX-6000 backhaul & future compatibility with upcoming Wifi 6E standards

Sam_Cop
Guide

Orbi AX-6000 backhaul & future compatibility with upcoming Wifi 6E standards

Hello Orbi Experts,

I am proud & happy owner of Orbi RBK53 over the last 2 years. I pay for 1 GBPS conncetivitiy at home and ISP is providing the full 1 Gbps in real terms. I am therefore considering to upgrade my wifi mesh to Orbi RBK-852. Nevertheless, I have the following Qs:

1. Is the backhaul connection between Router/Satellite is based on Wifi-6 standards? Is this better than the RBK53?
  2. Can the Orbi AX6000 support Wifi 6E/6Ghz radio too? If not, is it is better decision to wait for Orbi to support Wifi 6E standards?

Thanks so much for your support

Cheers

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi AX-6000 backhaul & future compatibility with upcoming Wifi 6E standards

@Sam_Cop wrote:

Hello Orbi Experts,

I am proud & happy owner of Orbi RBK53 over the last 2 years. I pay for 1 GBPS conncetivitiy at home and ISP is providing the full 1 Gbps in real terms. I am therefore considering to upgrade my wifi mesh to Orbi RBK-852. Nevertheless, I have the following Qs:

1. Is the backhaul connection between Router/Satellite is based on Wifi-6 standards? Is this better than the RBK53? YES. 
  2. Can the Orbi AX6000 support Wifi 6E/6Ghz radio too? If not, is it is better decision to wait for Orbi to support Wifi 6E standards? Current Orbi AX models will not see any upgrades to 6E. That entails a whole new chipset and hardward that can't be just added to current model lines. https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/02/wi-fi-6e-gets-a-little-closer-to-reality-with-broadcoms-new-...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7