Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AX's traffic meter feature?

dtay
Luminary

Orbi AX's traffic meter feature?

I just recently turned on the traffic meter feature (so I have an idea as to the usage on my network, even though I have unlimited) but then came across this post about how the traffic meter has a bug that slows the connection down?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Issue-with-traffic-meter-slowing-down-intern...

Is this still an issue and does it manifest in the Orbi AX units?  If it does, then I'm going to disable it.

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi AX's traffic meter feature?

I haven't tried it lately. Do you see any issues since enabling it? 

Message 2 of 7
dtay
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I haven't tried it lately. Do you see any issues since enabling it? 

I haven't ran into any issues that I am aware of since enabling it this morning.

This review (on the RBK852) had me wondering though; the reviewer had an issue with speeds slowing down until he disabled the option and factory reset his Orbi's.

https://www.androidcentral.com/netgear-orbi-ax6000-router-review

Excerpt from the review:

"There is a strange issue I experienced which led to my download speeds being quite a bit less than they should have been. After some research, I found that some users experience similar issues when features like the traffic monitor were enabled. I performed a factory reset and my speeds were restored to full but I was unable to fully isolate the issue. I'm hoping it was a one time bug or something that can get fixed with an update. It was a bit annoying but not the end of the world."

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Well if you don't notice anything with it enabled, maybe some differences with the reviewers configuration and FW. Don't know. Keep us posted if you notice anything with it enabled.

Message 4 of 7
BiGMERF
Apprentice

curious about this subject.. notice any difference ?

also can the traffic meter be used in AP mode

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 6 of 7
BiGMERF
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply.  

hoping OP replies with an answer on slow down. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7