Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi AX4200 and 6000 question

GreggCFO
Aspirant

Orbi AX4200 and 6000 question

I currently have the Orbi AX4200 router and one satellite. You can't buy AX4200 satellites separately and since i need a second satellite, i bought an AX6000 RBS850. I may also need to get another one because the wall, floors, etc. in my home seem to really impact the signal between and from the units. So my first question is, is there any difference in the signal strength between the AX4200 vs AX6000 such that I should optimize which one I place where? For example, is one of them better at going through walls. My second question is if one of the 2-3 satellites is going to be hardwired, versus use wifi backhaul, is there a difference in how i should so this assuming that i have 1 AX4200 satellite and 2 AX6000 satellites? Thank you. 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

No information or experience with 7 series Orbi AX. I can only surmise that they are the same sans the wifi connection rates that differ between the 7 and 8 series. Single strength I would presume should be the same or in the same range. 

When connecting RBS via ethernet, then back haul isn't key anymore. Placement is not as critical since the RBS act more like a stand alone AP with the wired backhaul 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

No information or experience with 7 series Orbi AX. I can only surmise that they are the same sans the wifi connection rates that differ between the 7 and 8 series. Single strength I would presume should be the same or in the same range. 

When connecting RBS via ethernet, then back haul isn't key anymore. Placement is not as critical since the RBS act more like a stand alone AP with the wired backhaul 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7