Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi AX6000 shows "Offline" in Android App & Speed Lag

Chuck_M
Mentor

Orbi AX6000 shows "Offline" in Android App & Speed Lag

My new AX6000 was installed this weekend.  Using my RBR50 in Access Point mode, it is hardwired to a distant end of my home and external building and is recognized as sattelites to the AX with backhaul reporting as GOOD.

The AX is connected directly to the cable modem via ethernet cable.  The new sattelite connects wirelessly and all infrastructure seems to be talking to each other properly.  The sattelite is very far from router in the west end of my property with a good connection (backhaul reports GOOD status).  

Firmware was upgraded to lastest release (3.2.something) during the install.  I also did a factory reset afterwards to clean up elements based upon lessons of the RBR50 just to be sure.

My first hint of an issue was speed... it is significantly reduced from 360+meg I enjoyed with the RBR50.  200-ish is the current average the AX is showing.

When I ran the Orbi app from outside of my home for the first time I noticed the AX didnt show up in the product list -- but the RBR50 did.  I reinstalled the app and then both products showed up on my android phone.

Here is the problem:  In the product list initial screen, the App shows the AX as being off-line (red).  It clearly is not off line and is working.  The RBR50 shows up with an on-line (green) status.

I have reinstalled, rebooted, factory reset.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  Any clues/recommendations as how to resolve?

Other issues I see that firmware will have to resolve:

• Device naming
  • Device icons
  • interoperability with non-wired RBR50/RBS50 components

I am not losing my temper on any of this, because this seems vaguely familiar with the process we went through with the original Orbi. 

Some may ask why I upgraded....  I am an early adopter and "because I can". 

Want to focus comments & suggestions on improvements & speed. 

Connecting the RBR50 and RBS50's in access point mode was necessary since additional sattelites are not yet available for the AX6000 kit.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

@Chuck_M, nice to hear from you, long time no hear 🙂

Please note that you can connect your wired RBS50's to the Orbi AX Router. 

The wireless RBS50 is currently not possible to add to the RBR850 but this will come later.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I would turn OFF the Orbi AC units while troubleshooting this first. 

What version of the Orbi app are you using? 

Does this show same thing with different device, iphone if you have one? 

Be sure your connected to the RBR with the app. 

What is the Mfr and model of the ISP modem your using with the RBR? 

The Orbi AX is well capable of near 900Mbps speeds WAN to LAN. 

Are you speed results from wired or wireless speed testing? 

Message 2 of 7
ekhalil
Master

The wireless RBS50 is currently not possible to add to the RBR850 but this will come later.

Message 3 of 7
Chuck_M
Mentor

@ekhalil wrote:

I corrected this and speed is back to maximum and system is very stable.    I disconnected my old RBR-50 (In AP mode) and used the two hard wired RBS-50's along with the RBS850 and everything works perfectly now.

I had forgotten that "remote management" had to be enabled in the router for the App to show the router "Online" outside of the LAN.  Any easy fix.

Thanks much for the good advice -- as always.  Problems solved.

Message 4 of 7
ekhalil
Master

There is a known issue with remote management in the Orbi app that gets “disabled” after every time the Router is rebooted.
Workaround is to disable and then enable Remote Management in the Orbi app after every restart.
I hope that Netgear will get this issue fixed soon.
Message 5 of 7
Chuck_M
Mentor

@ekhalil wrote:
There is a known issue with remote management in the Orbi app that gets “disabled” after every time the Router is rebooted.
Workaround is to disable and then enable Remote Management in the Orbi app after every restart.
I hope that Netgear will get this issue fixed soon.

Thanks!  Is there a place to see outstanding issues Netgear is aware of on the AX?

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

There isn't a list of known NG issues for Orbi AX available to the public. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7