Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi App (iPhone) on iOS 15.3.1 not seeing RBK960E

UnCapitano
Apprentice

Orbi App (iPhone) on iOS 15.3.1 not seeing RBK960E

I am currently using the newest quadband RBK960E.  Up until recently, everything worked fine, but now I cannot see the router when connecting from the app.  I am, unfortunately, also unable to connect to the router from the web interface ( I seemingly forgot my password), so am trying to figure out what to do.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Orbi App (iPhone) on iOS 15.3.1 not seeing RBK960E

@UnCapitano wrote:

I am, unfortunately, also unable to connect to the router from the web interface ( I seemingly forgot my password), so am trying to figure out what to do.

If you forgot your Orbi admin password then it won't help to try and access from the app (it needs it too).  So your best bet is to factory reset and start over, set a new password, then you can use orbilogin.com and the app with this new password.

Message 2 of 4
UnCapitano
Apprentice

actually, I realized that i was trying to log into the webpage from a different profile in chrome, so I was able to solve that side of it.  However, I still can't get into the router from the iOS app.  Not sure what really is going on there.

Message 3 of 4
tucsontico
Virtuoso

Try deleting the ORBI app from your iPhone and then re-install it. Also, turn off "Private Wi-Fi Address" on your phone.

It is possible that your ORBI system has "Access Controls" turned on and is not allowing your iPhone to connect because the iPhone's is generating random MAC addresses and is unknown to the router. 

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7