Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Connection

DonJuan83
Aspirant

Orbi Connection

I just have a quick, dumb question. I currently have the Orbi RBR750 with the RBS750 Satellite that came with it. My question is, can I purchase the RBS850 Satellite and add it onto the RBR750 Router or are they not compatible? Main reason is because the 850 has 4 ethernet ports, where the 750 only has 2 and I am trying to hardwire as much as possible based on location. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Connection

@DonJuan83 wrote:
I just have a quick, dumb question. I currently have the Orbi RBR750 with the RBS750 Satellite that came with it. My question is, can I purchase the RBS850 Satellite and add it onto the RBR750 Router or are they not compatible? Main reason is because the 850 has 4 ethernet ports, where the 750 only has 2 and I am trying to hardwire as much as possible based on location. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not a dumb question at all.  My guess is, "sure."  All the original Orbi satellites work with any router, why not the AX models.

Rather than shell out for an expensive Orbi satellite (can they even be purchased?) I would pick up an unmanaged 8-port gigabit switch for under $30 and have 8 additional ports instead of 2.

Message 2 of 4
DonJuan83
Aspirant

Love mine too. Thanks for the suggestion.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please visit and post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo