Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Firmware v3.2.10.11 seen on your RBRs FW update check page?

FURRYe38
Guru

Orbi Firmware v3.2.10.11 seen on your RBRs FW update check page?

Just curious if anyone out here in the public forum are seeing this version pop up as available on there RBRs web page? 

IF so, please post what version of FW you currently have loaded. 

Up to you if you want to upgrade or not. 

I highly recommend a factory reset and setup from scratch if you choose to. 

Message 1 of 126

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Problems seen on v10.11 since 3/9 have been addresses and fixed by NG. They reported that it was something having to do with there cloud systems. v10.11 FW was put back up on there auto update servers for users to download as of 3/19. These problems have been resolved. 

If users are noticing any futher problems please make a new post about it or contact NG support. 

Enjoy. 

View solution in original post

Message 124 of 126

All Replies
theBrick89
Star

3.2.10.11 has been released yesterday (my assumption, I check firmware availability daily) I updated my 852 right away. I haven’t done factory reset but it works without any issue for me so far
Message 2 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

Well not posted to the download site as if yet. Hmm.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbk852.aspx#download

I'll check on this.

Message 3 of 126
Bandito
Luminary

In my experience, they release to the update servers first and then the downloadable version doesn't get published until a week or two after.  They're very slow to make the manual download available.

Message 4 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

True. Well, from my experiences with v10.11, it's pretty good. Finally allowed me to use the RBR in router mode with my xbox game console. Still hope they fix the NAT Filter OPEN Issue. Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 126
VerneArase
Apprentice

I saw it was available yesterday but I dithered ... lots happening in my house including a sewer "fill up" which spewed level 3 sewage water in my family room, contaminating my lower level (where the RBR850 is).

Today I took a look, and my current version is 3.2.10.11.

Didn't know that they auto-applied firmware any more, but all seems fine.

Time to take another back up ...

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 6 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

Eeeks sorry to hear about the sewer spillage. Hope things will get cleaned up for you. 

v11 seems pretty good. I have it loaded on mine. Finally get to run in router mode with a xbox game console. Could not do that before this version. 

Back ups are good.

@VerneArase wrote:

I saw it was available yesterday but I dithered ... lots happening in my house including a sewer "fill up" which spewed level 3 sewage water in my family room, contaminating my lower level (where the RBR850 is).

Today I took a look, and my current version is 3.2.10.11.

Didn't know that they auto-applied firmware any more, but all seems fine.

Time to take another back up ...

Message 7 of 126
xnolightx
Star

I am now seeing intermittent drops on nearly all of my devices on the network after 3.2.10.11 has been loaded automatically on my system.

Message 8 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

Please factory reset the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch. This should clear your issue. 

I have v11 loaded and haven't seen any problems like this with it loaded.

@xnolightx wrote:

I am now seeing intermittent drops on nearly all of my devices on the network after 3.2.10.11 has been loaded automatically on my system.

Message 9 of 126
xnolightx
Star

I did try that, but unfortunately it did not resolve the issue. Any attempts to revert to the previous firmware version seems to ultimately put me back on this version which completely renders the device useless.I have a case open with support at the moment and I'm waiting on the line for some assistance.

Message 10 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Is the RBS wirelessly or wired to the RBR? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Hopefully support will help out. 

@xnolightx wrote:

I did try that, but unfortunately it did not resolve the issue. Any attempts to revert to the previous firmware version seems to ultimately put me back on this version which completely renders the device useless.I have a case open with support at the moment and I'm waiting on the line for some assistance.

Message 11 of 126
cruisencode
Apprentice

@xnolightx wrote:

I'm experienceing similar issues with this new firmware version.  Besides my Google Nest Hub Max, my Ooma device keeps disconnecting as well.

Message 12 of 126
xnolightx
Star

Support walked me through hard resets (using the pin on the back of the device) to no avail. I suggested reverting back to 3.2.9.2 and that has addressed the disconnects for now. My case is still open until they have investigated any issues they may have with the current firmware version. I've been told that might be a 3 hour window.

Message 13 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you disable AX mode? 

@cruisencode wrote:

@xnolightx wrote:

I'm experienceing similar issues with this new firmware version.  Besides my Google Nest Hub Max, my Ooma device keeps disconnecting as well.

Message 14 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI to everyone with Orbi AX and v3.2.10.11. NG is now aware of the problems here in the forum. I've asked them to remove this version from there auto update servers as soon as possible. They will be looking into this issue.

Please file a support ticket and let them know.

For effected users, please downgrade to v3.2.9.2. Manually download the FW files for the RBS and RBR. Apply the file to the RBS first then RBR. After all has been process. Press the reset button on the back of the units for 15 seconds then release and then setup the system from scratch. I would power off the ISP modem or ONT for 30 seconds after the reset on the RBR to ensure the RBR gets fully connected to the modem or ONT. Hopefully this brings your system back to a stable state. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Orbi-Firmware-v3-2-10-11-seen-on-your-RBRs-FW-update-check-...

Message 15 of 126
cruisencode
Apprentice

Thanks, I'll try this after I get home from work.

Message 16 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 17 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

For those of you experiencing problems after v11. FW was loaded yesterday. Can one or two of you experiencing this problem while in router mode, set up and enable capture WAN and LAN and Debug logs for a short while or however long it takes for you to see the problem appear. 

Open a web browser to http://192.168.1.1/debug.htm in a web browser will bring you to the RBRs debug page. Check mark each of these two options and then begin normal use. When you notice the problem. Go back in to the debug page and select capture logs button. This will download the logs from the RBR and send them to your default browser download location. If you can upload this .zip file to a drop box or cloud file service then share the download link, we can get this to NG for them to review and hopefully help them figure out whats going on with those of you who are seeing this problem. Hopefully this will help narrow down where the problem maybe in FW. Still odd that some of us are not seeing this. Hopefully NG can pin point it. Smiley Frustrated

Thank you for your time. 

Message 18 of 126
xnolightx
Star

I would be happy to, but I actually had to pull my system down entirely and replace it with my previous Google Wifi system. I'm in the middle of planning for a product release and I won't have the time over the next couple of days to put the system back up. 

What seemed to bewilder me about this is that even after reverting back to 3.2.9.1_2.4 I had the very same issues. I'm confident that I did not start seeing this issue until 3.2.11 was released, but now my system is completely toast. I'm truly scratching my head over this one, but I agree logs should help NG sort this out.

Has anyone else reverted firmware, and if so are you still seeing the issues like I am seeing?

Message 19 of 126
ehl1
Guide

I have tried to manuall downgrade to 3.2.9.2, did the RBS850 first then the RBR850 just as instructed, then did hard reset on both.

Upon reboot, both are back immediately on 3.2.10.11 - does this mean both units reupgraded back to 3.2.10.11, or did the 3.2.9.2 downgrade not take?

Anyone with similar problems?  

Message 20 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

One or two others reported downgrading and resetting and getting there systems back to stable. 

Be sure that your CTS and RTS values read 2347 for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

If you can't seem to get your system back to stable, please contact NG support. Open a support ticket. 

@xnolightx wrote:

I would be happy to, but I actually had to pull my system down entirely and replace it with my previous Google Wifi system. I'm in the middle of planning for a product release and I won't have the time over the next couple of days to put the system back up. 

What seemed to bewilder me about this is that even after reverting back to 3.2.9.1_2.4 I had the very same issues. I'm confident that I did not start seeing this issue until 3.2.11 was released, but now my system is completely toast. I'm truly scratching my head over this one, but I agree logs should help NG sort this out.

Has anyone else reverted firmware, and if so are you still seeing the issues like I am seeing?

Message 21 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Be sure to check the CTS and RTS values Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Set them from 64 to 2347 for both 2.4G and 5G radios. Save and apply the setting. Reboot the RBR, RBS and all of your wifi devices. 

@ehl1 wrote:

I have tried to manuall downgrade to 3.2.9.2, did the RBS850 first then the RBR850 just as instructed, then did hard reset on both.

Upon reboot, both are back immediately on 3.2.10.11 - does this mean both units reupgraded back to 3.2.10.11, or did the 3.2.9.2 downgrade not take?

Anyone with similar problems?  

Message 22 of 126
dragonmastr
Aspirant

I'm having a lot of connection issues with 3.2.10.11 as well.  Downgrading to 3.2.9.2 resolves those connection issues.  Does anyone know how to disable the firmware auto-update in order to prevent the router from re-installing 3.2.10.11?  I did some Google searches but the answers I found so far only apply the original Orbi router and not the AX6000.

Message 23 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?

Be sure to check the CTS and RTS values Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Set them from 64 to 2347 for both 2.4G and 5G radios. Save and apply the setting. Reboot the RBR, RBS and all of your wifi devices. Was noticed that 64 is not a good value on v11 which it should be 2347. May help solve some wifi issues. 

Disabling of auto update was never supported officially though others found ways. You can try those on Orbi AX. Doubt it will work. 

I've already asked NG to review this and asked them to pull this version of FW from the update servers. Will have to see if that happens. 

If you can't seem to get your system back to stable, please contact NG support. Open a support ticket. 

@dragonmastr wrote:

I'm having a lot of connection issues with 3.2.10.11 as well.  Downgrading to 3.2.9.2 resolves those connection issues.  Does anyone know how to disable the firmware auto-update in order to prevent the router from re-installing 3.2.10.11?  I did some Google searches but the answers I found so far only apply the original Orbi router and not the AX6000.

Message 24 of 126
RafS
Apprentice

Add me to the list of folks having connection issue with 10.11 firmware.  It upgraded the firmware yesterday and everything seemed fine and woke up this morning with my iphone not working while connected to wifi.  Didn't think much of it, just turned the wifi on and off on the phone and it came back up but since I've been at work, I've been checking my Arlo cameras which have gone offline numerous times, my Nest thermostat has also gone offline and so have my Dyson fans.  Haven't checked anything else since that's all I really needed to control while I'm at work.  Working a long shift so I still have a few hours before I can get home and make the changes that may fix the problem but just wanted to chime in.

Message 25 of 126
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7