Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Firmware v3.2.10.11 seen on your RBRs FW update check page?

FURRYe38
Guru

You might try v3.1.5.23 on your RBR as suggested by one user.

@farmrt88 wrote:
After trying all suggestions and still having constant Xbox One disconnects, the only solution was to place the RBR850 in AP mode, behind previous router with router WI-FI turned off.

Message 51 of 126
cruisencode
Apprentice

After installing v3.1.5.23, how do we prevent it from auto upgrading to the latest version?

Message 52 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know about your experineces. Glad it's working for you. 

You might check for this: 

Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2347. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

I would also be sure to save off a new backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. Smiley Wink

@Garyrh66 wrote:

I have had no problems with this update on my RBR852. I have two ring pro doorbells three amazon echoes all five wired connections work with no problems. Both iPhones 11 and iPads pro work as well. My satellite backhaul is wire connected.

Message 53 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2347. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. 

You might try v3.1.5.23 on your RBR

If this still fails, Please contact the forum moderator if your having problems with the lastest version of FW:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/ORBI-RBR850-frequent-disconnects-to-WoW-server/m-p/1871943/...

Thank you. 

@orbipoweruser23 wrote:
Also experiencing significant WiFi Calling drops. I was able to downgrade to 3.2.9.2 and did the telnet thing to try to block the upgrade. It’s remaining at 3.2.9.2 but still experiencing WiFi Calling call drops. Theorized that perhaps “work from home” corona is overwhelming spectrum, as it’s still happening on 3.2.9.2. Spent waaaay to much time troubleshooting this today. Any other folks experiencing WiFi calling issues?

Message 54 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

You might try v3.1.5.23 on your RBR?

@cruisencode wrote:

I rebooted everything (including my modem) after making this change and I'm still having issues.  Also, I have issues with my wired Ooma Telo, so this setting wouldn't help with that.  I'm hoping they get this fixed soon.

Message 55 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know the change in CTS/RTS values resolve this for you. Hopefully it will for others. Smiley Wink

@RafS wrote:

I had issues with devices dropping on 10.11 but after getting home and changine the RTS and CTS values to 2347 from 64, then rebooting the system, everything is working great. I would say things are actually connecting a lot smoother than they did before the update.  Rebooting the system after changing the values is a big factor here that I have a feeling a lot of people are skipping due to the Orbi going offline when you apply the changes so they figure that takes care of the reboot.  But anyhow, 10.11 seems to be working fine for me at this point. 

Message 56 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

You might try v3.1.5.23 on your RBR?

@ehl1 wrote:

Yes - wifi calling is exactly where I am seeing the issue, even after going to 2347, resetting RBR and RBS, and resetting the iOS devices in question.

It's consistent...and remember I am the one who did not telnet the settings so I am back on the 3.2.10.11...

Message 57 of 126
computim
Luminary

The CTS RTS changes from the firmware change 64 to 2347 are not solving the issue for many including myself.  Good to try but make sure you read all the messages about the reboot, factory reset, CTS/RTS changes, satalite and router firmware down grading, etc. 

I can confirm I've not down graded but I have done all the suggestions with no resolution to Aruba VPN tunnel failing, Wifi Calling or video conferencing frozen or dropped.    My case has been escalated to engineering with the debug logs from the debug firmware installed. Along with screen shots of devices connected, advanced settings, Wan connected info, Wireless configureation infor, statistics.  Awaiting the feedback.

Tim

Message 58 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

If you have your prior router, you can use it in place of the RBR in router mode, then configure the RBR for AP mode. Disable ALL wifi radios on the prior router, then you should be stable until NG fixes this for those of you who are effected. Or downgrade to v3.1.x version on the RBR. 

Thanks for letting us know. Keep in contact with NG support. Hopefully they will get this fixed soon. No idea when that will be so just keep in touch with NG support and keep an eye out here in the forums and on NG download site. 

@computim wrote:

The CTS RTS changes from the firmware change 64 to 2347 are not solving the issue for many including myself.  Good to try but make sure you read all the messages about the reboot, factory reset, CTS/RTS changes, satalite and router firmware down grading, etc. 

I can confirm I've not down graded but I have done all the suggestions with no resolution to Aruba VPN tunnel failing, Wifi Calling or video conferencing frozen or dropped.    My case has been escalated to engineering with the debug logs from the debug firmware installed. Along with screen shots of devices connected, advanced settings, Wan connected info, Wireless configureation infor, statistics.  Awaiting the feedback.

Tim

Message 59 of 126
computim
Luminary

Latest round of updates provided to NG support.  One item I pointed out is the lease timeout seems to be different on the Orbi than on my R9000 X10.  Lease Obtained is 30min and the R9000 if for several hours 72 to be exact.  Why is the Orbi set to 30 min intervals.  Seems to be about the time I notice a disconnect when a new lease is obtained.  Watching more closely but maybe some others can review as well.

I have been using the X10 router for my secondary connection.  2 fiber uplinks in the house so I have a backup fiber line with the X10 and one with the ORbi Mesh.

Thanks

Tim

Message 60 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to let NG support know about. 

Message 61 of 126
Garyrh66
Tutor

Try using IP reservation for all your devices on your RBK850 and see if that solves the disconnects. I have all my devices set this way and have had no problems with this firmware.

Message 62 of 126
DoctorA
Luminary

Everything was working fine before Firmware v3.2.10.11.

Why just go back to previous version instead of all this multiple problems? What is NG trying to accomplish with this new firmware?

Message 63 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

Some users have gone back to prior version and are still having problems. Not sure if the auto update services are the main cause or application of FW over current configurations are another cause. Some of us got this a couple of weeks ago and have not seen any problems aside the CTS/RTS values being changed. Even then, systems have been working. We considered this most stable to date. Even allowed me to use mine in router mode since before this version, I could not due to gaming problems in prior FW versions. So maybe based on this NG said lets give it a push to the public. I really think NG auto push update services are the main cause. Why? who knows. 

Have you downgraded? 

@DoctorA wrote:

Everything was working fine before Firmware v3.2.10.11.

Why just go back to previous version instead of all this multiple problems? What is NG trying to accomplish with this new firmware?

Message 64 of 126
computim
Luminary

Well said @FURRYe38.  Another thought on the firmware is that downgrading doesn't necessarily address the area that was changed in the latest firmware.  Lets make up a couple fields AB&C in firmware X were addressed and all were working good.  In firmware update Y only fields A&B were updated and in firmware Z fields E&F were updated.  I've over simplified this for an illustration but the idea is reverting back to older firmware may not address the field update that is causing the issue.  That is why NG needs to address the update wholistically in order to revert of remediate the fileds that where changed.

Tim

Message 65 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

Well said too. We can only hope NG will get this addressed soon. 

Just be patient. Smiley Wink

Message 66 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

I see NG just posted v10.11 acutal files for download:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061769/RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-3-2-10-11

Users may want to download these and apply them manually using IE11 or FireFox. I highly recommend a factory reset on the entire system after the RBS and RBR have been updated with these files. RBS first, then RBR lastly. Set up from scratch.

Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2347. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. 

Message 67 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

Got word from a forum moderator. NG will be removing v10.11 from there update servers and from the support site. NG is still working on this. Please be patient.  

Message 68 of 126
DoctorA
Luminary

Thank you.

I am still using Firmware v3.2.10.11 and didn't go back to prevous version.

After few restarts my 2nd RBS50 is working fine.

All my satellites are connected with wired method. My wired PC has a problem only with one

backgammon site dropping connection.

My CTS and RTS values were at 64 and I changed it to 2347.

What improvements should I expect?

Message 69 of 126
warpdag
Apprentice

@DoctorA 

I too use wired backhaul, the new firmware seems to make the wired backhaul connection unstable (blue light on all the time, briefly flips to magenta once in a while). That's after the router updated to v3.2.10.11. Do you see the same thing? It doesn't look like many of us use wired/ethernet backhaul around here.

Message 70 of 126
DoctorA
Luminary

Yes, I see the same thing.  The wired/ethernet backhaul was very stable  between AX 6000 router and satellite before Firmware v3.2.10.11. Also RBS 50 satellites must be connected only wired and was very stable. Now RBS 50 connected to RBS 850 becomes magenta and needs restart of the RBS 850.

My second RBS 50, which is connected to the main 850 router, is more stable.

Message 71 of 126
FURRYe38
Guru

My two RBS are good wired or wireless with v10.11. I did do a factory reset and setup from scratch with mine after it was loaded. 

Message 72 of 126
ehl1
Guide

I do think something happened with the original auto update to 3.2.10.11 that has been *permanently* changed and has broken the connectivity issues for some of us - i am seeing it on both AT&T and Verizon iPhones with wifi calling, and also on a gaming machine in multiplayer that is getting disconnected and reconnected frequently making games unplayable.  For reference i was already on 3.2.9.2 before all of this started last week and it was working perfectly.

Since that time, I have tried everything - changing the CTS/RTS to 2347; downgrading all the way to 3.1.5.23 (but as others have noted, no matter what you do it will auto upgrade to whatever the Netgear servers have as the latest broadcast version - now it's 3.2.9.2, before it was all the way back to 3.2.10.11), for each of these resetting after every upgrade and setting up completely as a new system...and doesn't matter whether upgrading RBS before RBR or vice verse.

So now I am back on 3.2.9.2, and experiencing disconnects like I never did before when I was already on this version a week ago...so something has changed, and seems to be permanently...

Do we have effectively "ruined" systems permanently?  This is disastrous if true...how could Netgear let this happen?

Message 73 of 126
computim
Luminary

The most frustrating is NG isnt saying anything about the issue. Other then weve escalated to an engineer 3days ago with no real direction or understanding if what the issue is that is causing the disconnects. Obviously they should know what they changed in the firmware right? Youd think so but 4 days later from initial contact and no resolution. Great job NG while the majority of user are being asked to work from home and you leave those in need with a disastrous situation. Not everyone has multiple devices or want to run out after dropping 700$ on another device. NG support get your head out of the sand and get engaged.
Message 74 of 126
warpdag
Apprentice

Not a “bug”, but a “feature” from netgear. Publicly acknowledging the issue would be acknowledging they rushed a half baked product to market to make sure it would hit shelves before Christmas. They will eventually get it right, but it’s going to take a lot of our support / beta testing on their behalf, unfortunately.
Message 75 of 126
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7