Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK 852 - WAN aggregation

masterlau
Follower

Orbi RBK 852 - WAN aggregation

I'm looking to leverage the WAN aggregation feature on my RBK 852 (2.5 Gbps + 1 Gbps, LACP-IEEE802.3ad), potentially through two 1000Mbps FTTH connections. 

I'd like to know:

(1) If both connections are from the same ISP but via different modems, whether I need any configuration from my ISP end - e.g. bonding.  What will happen if I simply plug in the two cables after setting things up on the Orbi webpage?

(2) If both connections from the same ISP and via the same modem (i.e. 2 ethernet cables come out from the same modem), do I need specific settings on the modem?  What will happen if I simply plug in the two cables after setting things up on the Orbi webpage?

(3) If the two connections are from 2 different ISPs, would that work? Is it possible to make it work?

Any thoughts and advice would be most welcome! Thanks!

ML 

Message 1 of 2
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi RBK 852 - WAN aggregation

You should be able to use links from two different ISP's provided the ISP modems support Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP). WAN aggregation is meant to both increase throughout and provide internet (ISP) redundancy.
More information here: https://kb.netgear.com/000061324/How-do-I-set-up-WAN-aggregation-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-6-System
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7