Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK353 reboot

ronny828
Aspirant

Orbi RBK353 reboot

Hello, I have an Orbi RBK353 system.

Since a bit more than a week now, one of the satellites regularly restarts (white blinking light) and needs 2-3 minutes to be up again. It's very annoying, especially when watching IPTV. Sometimes it takes more than an hour until it does it again, sometimes it does it again after a few minutes.

The system was running fine before. As soon as it is connected, the light shows blue and the connection status shows 5GHz - good. 

What I tried so far is switching power supplies  between the two satellites, this does not make a difference. Also I re-flashed the firmware manually on the satellite and performed factory reset of the whole system. All of this did not change anything.

Does anybody have a clue what is happening here?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK353 reboot

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What happens if you swap RBS locations with each other? Does the problem follow the one RBS? 

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
ronny828
Aspirant

Hi,

my current firmware is V4.3.4.8_1.9.53. It's the same on router and satellites.

My current router and ISP have nothing to do with this problem, so I will leave this information out.

The satellite is between 10 and 12m away from the router. As I said, until shortly it worked fine.

Switching the satellite positions does not make any difference. It's still the same one making the problem.

Switching the 2.4GHz channels does not make a difference at all. There is one other wifi around, but mine is on a different channel, so no interference here.

The 5GHz channel cabbot be changed afaik on the RBR350 and is fixed.

As I see this, it has nothing to do with connectivity but with random restarting of the satellite. To me it sounds like a hardware/firmware defect.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support for help and information about the one RBS. Maybe faulty. Something to ask a RMA about. 

Good luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7