Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK750 issue with ps5 and Sky q

Manny_B
Tutor

Orbi RBK750 issue with ps5 and Sky q

I have a 1gb internet service from virgin media and have put the Virgin media router into modem mode and the Orbi RBK753 into router mode on the ground floor. I have 2 satellites not too far - one on the ground floor and the other upstairs.

I have sky q where the main box is connected via Ethernet (2ghz field is switched off and using 40mhz channel 36)to the main router and the sky mini boxes are connected via WiFi (with a sky booster in the middle between the main box and mini boxes) which works well. No connection issues whatsoever thankfully and fantastic speeds through the house.

Can use devices like tablets and phone while using one ps5/ sky mini boxes simultaneously however the problems starts when myself and brother start using our ps5s. Not only do the ps5s lag while playing online but sky q mini boxes stop working altogether. When one ps5 is in use then all is well.

The ps5s are connected wireless to a satellite nearby (a satellite where it is not being hogged by other devices) using 5ghz and cannot be wired. The sky q mini box which I know they use 5ghz also cannot be wired.

Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated as even with two ps5s in use, the whole network speed is greatly reduced.

Thank you.
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK750 issue with ps5 and Sky q

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Try turning OFF 1 of the RBS. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 or 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Armor, Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set CTS to 2347 and Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Can you wire both PS5s to the RBS? 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Try turning OFF 1 of the RBS. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 or 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Armor, Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set CTS to 2347 and Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Can you wire both PS5s to the RBS? 

Message 3 of 5
Manny_B
Tutor

Apologies for the delay in responding but I have now followed your suggestions including wiring one console directly to a satellite and amending the settings in the orbi.

Seems all stable now!-thank you
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves tine if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7