Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK752 - Devices will not connect to satellite

Mocs123
Aspirant

Orbi RBK752 - Devices will not connect to satellite

I have a new Orbi RBK752 system with the router on the main level in my office and the satellite in my son's room upstairs.  He has a computer and X-Box hard wired in to the satellite which seem to work fine, but nothing seems to be able to connect to the satellite via WiFi.  The router has 20+ devices connected, but the satellite has none.  His Roku TV nor his Chromebook he does school Zoom's with will not connect to WiFi at all despite the Satellite being in the same room.   The Satellite shows connected with a "Good" backhaul status when I check it online.    What am I missing?

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK752 - Devices will not connect to satellite

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 5
Mocs123
Aspirant

Thank you.  Turning the power down to 50% fixed the issue and everything is able to connect.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Please mark your thread as solved so others know. 
Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
rensul
Guide

I'm also having this same problem but it only started happening in January. Why do I need to lower the radio power when it has been working fine all along? I'm concerned that lowering the power will cause other problems and then I have to troubleshoot and ask forum questions blah blah blah. It was working fine what changed? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7