Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK752 intermittently dropping incoming VOIP

Engrpas
Aspirant

Orbi RBK752 intermittently dropping incoming VOIP

I have an Orbi RBK752 that I have recently purchased to replace an RBK50 hoping it would solve this issue, but such is not the case . . . . 

When on a Zoom call or on a DECT 6.0 (1.92 GHz) phone call, the incoming voice signal frequently drops out for about 15-30 seconds, then returns. My outgoing voice is apparently heard by the others on the call during this interval, because they later tell me that they can hear me saying "I can't hear you". 

I have seem this problem being addressed in other posts in the community, but the solutions seem to be too complicated for a non-IT person like me to follow. 

My ISP provides a gigabit fiberoptic signal, and the Orbi app clocks it at over 900 Mbits/sec (915.43 download, 943.20 upload). We have sometimes 2 or even 3 TV sets running off the system using Firefox adapters, with no issues. This issue only seems to occur with incoming VOIP, whether with the DECT phone or Zoom. 

I think I'm not alone . . . any suggestions greatly appreciated! 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK752 intermittently dropping incoming VOIP

Message 2 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@Engrpas wrote:

I have an Orbi RBK752 that I have recently purchased to replace an RBK50 hoping it would solve this issue, but such is not the case . . . . 

When on a Zoom call or on a DECT 6.0 (1.92 GHz) phone call, the incoming voice signal frequently drops out for about 15-30 seconds, then returns. My outgoing voice is apparently heard by the others on the call during this interval, because they later tell me that they can hear me saying "I can't hear you". 

I have seem this problem being addressed in other posts in the community, but the solutions seem to be too complicated for a non-IT person like me to follow. 

My ISP provides a gigabit fiberoptic signal, and the Orbi app clocks it at over 900 Mbits/sec (915.43 download, 943.20 upload). We have sometimes 2 or even 3 TV sets running off the system using Firefox adapters, with no issues. This issue only seems to occur with incoming VOIP, whether with the DECT phone or Zoom. 

I think I'm not alone . . . any suggestions greatly appreciated! 

Thank you!

Message 3 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

On the original Orbi (RBR50) the SIP Alg setting is found on the web interface, Advanced Tab, Setup, WAN setup - toward the bottom of the page.

Message 4 of 10
Engrpas
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for your suggestion.

I attempted to get started on it, but seems like I can't even log into my Orbi, not from my desktop computer nor my iPad. The iPad can't even find the Orbi, yet it's connected to the network because otherwise I couldn't be surfing the internet with it. The desktop allowed me log in, wanted to change my password, which I did, but now I can't get into the Orbi at all. But it's working, only I can't control it. I've never had so much trouble with this before, but then again, I haven't this old before either. 

Message 5 of 10
Engrpas
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for your suggestion.

I attempted to get started on it, but seems like I can't even log into my Orbi, not from my desktop computer nor my iPad. The iPad can't even find the Orbi, yet it's connected to the network because otherwise I couldn't be surfing the internet with it. The desktop allowed me log in, wanted to change my password, which I did, but now I can't get into the Orbi at all. But it's working, only I can't control it. I've never had so much trouble with this before, but then again, I haven't this old before either. 

Message 6 of 10
Engrpas
Aspirant

I don't know about the firmware, as I can't seem to log into the Orbi app. 

When I try to log in, a message says I may be having issues with my VPN, and to disconnect it, but when I disconnect it, it just connects back again. 

About my modem, it's not in my house, seems all I have in my house is an uninterruptible power supply box, with a USB cable coming out of it that connects to the Orbi input.  My ISP is CSpire. I wonder if their modem is at the street. 

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

I would turn OFF the RBS. 

Then factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch using 1 wired PC connected at the RBR and a web browser at http and 192.168.1.1. 

Press the reset button for 20 seconds then release. 

Setup again using same SSID name and PW. Complete the setup wizard first before turning ON the RBS. 

Message 8 of 10
Engrpas
Aspirant

Thanks, that’s what I’ve been thinking. I’ll do that and let you know. 

I greatly appreciate your ….  (and everyone’s) help!

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements