Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK753 wired backhaul slow after power outage

Danatt
Follower

Orbi RBK753 wired backhaul slow after power outage

After a power outage I had to re enter the internet setting in my RBR750 because (I don’t know how) the outage changed some values. After this the wired satellite (and the wireless one downstream) were working but at a fraction of the speed of tue router (600 vs 7 mbps download). I reset the whole system but I keep getting the same speeds. Firmware version hasn't changed, it's 3.2.18.1 in both cases.
Maybe it’s worth noting that after resetting the wired satellite and later the wireless one had difficulty syncing to the router and “out of sync” was displayed on the satellite status page (it didn't do it when I installed Orbi for the first time), but after an hour the status changed to “good” and has been so since.
Any tip is appreciated

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK753 wired backhaul slow after power outage

Try powering OFF all units. Including the ISP modem/ONT for 1 minute. 

Power ON the ISP modem/ONT first, then RBR. Check speeds here first. 

Then power ON the RBS, one at a time. Then test. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7