Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK753S won't connect with Epson Workforce 645 printer

Liz133916
Initiate

Orbi RBK753S won't connect with Epson Workforce 645 printer

We have an older Epson Workforce 645, which connected fine to our old Netgear dual band wireless router.  We swithced to the Orbi and every device in the house is working on the 5 GHz network with good coverage at 200+ speeds but the printer is not connecting (signal strength is not the issue).  It sees three separate networks with the same name but none of them will allow the printer to correctly connect.  I did some research since this seems to be a common issue with Epson and changed the 2.4 GHz channel to 1,6, and 11 but that didn't solve the issue.  The printer will work if connect by ethernet to the satellite but it's not an ideal location for the satellite and gives lower speeds at that location so that would be the very last resort...  Firmware Version V3.2.16.6_1.4.4

I found this old link about connecting an Epson Workforce 845 printer but I have tried to figure out where to click for the fast roaming, Mu-MIMO, and beamforming checkboxes are but they are not there when I go to advanced and click on wireless settings like in the pic so I don't know if that can be changed on the router I have?  Is there a way to access this?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/ORBI-RBK53-Fails-to-Connect-to-Epson-Workforce-845-Wireless/m-... 

I called Netgear support and they were zero help and just said try different channels.  Help!  My spouse is furious we just spent $500 and now we can't print...

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Liz133916
Initiate

Figured it out after reading many posts. Turning off the AX feature on just the 2.4 GHz Network solved the problem. Apparently AX is the WiFi 6, which is not compatible with old devices. Doesn’t seem to impact other devices and speed since they all are connected to the 5 GHz network with the AX still enabled. Channel 11 seems to work fine.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

The problem is not the Orbi, but rather the printer. Go into the printer settings and reset.

presstheHomebutton on the control panel to return to the Home menu.
Select Setup, then press OK.Press
select Reset Network Settings, then press OK
Select Yes and press OK, as necessary, to reset the printer's network settings.
Press the Home button to return to the Home menu.
Then go back and configure the WIFI settings on the printer again, to connect to the Orbi WIFI.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to post over in the Orbi AX forum for your model Orbi:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you. 

@Liz133916 wrote:

We have an older Epson Workforce 645, which connected fine to our old Netgear dual band wireless router.  We swithced to the Orbi and every device in the house is working on the 5 GHz network with good coverage at 200+ speeds but the printer is not connecting (signal strength is not the issue).  It sees three separate networks with the same name but none of them will allow the printer to correctly connect.  I did some research since this seems to be a common issue with Epson and changed the 2.4 GHz channel to 1,6, and 11 but that didn't solve the issue.  The printer will work if connect by ethernet to the satellite but it's not an ideal location for the satellite and gives lower speeds at that location so that would be the very last resort...  Firmware Version V3.2.16.6_1.4.4

I found this old link about connecting an Epson Workforce 845 printer but I have tried to figure out where to click for the fast roaming, Mu-MIMO, and beamforming checkboxes are but they are not there when I go to advanced and click on wireless settings like in the pic so I don't know if that can be changed on the router I have?  Is there a way to access this?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/ORBI-RBK53-Fails-to-Connect-to-Epson-Workforce-845-Wireless/m-... 

I called Netgear support and they were zero help and just said try different channels.  Help!  My spouse is furious we just spent $500 and now we can't print...

Message 3 of 5
Liz133916
Initiate

Figured it out after reading many posts. Turning off the AX feature on just the 2.4 GHz Network solved the problem. Apparently AX is the WiFi 6, which is not compatible with old devices. Doesn’t seem to impact other devices and speed since they all are connected to the 5 GHz network with the AX still enabled. Channel 11 seems to work fine.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements