Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK852 Speed capped at 100mbps - Hyperoptic (UK)

Dwayne011
Aspirant

Orbi RBK852 Speed capped at 100mbps - Hyperoptic (UK)

Hello, 

I have recently purchased teh Orbi RBK852 and I am having issues getting speeds above 100mbps. 

My ISP is Hyperoptic and I have the 1gb service. My previous router was an TP Link AX50 and this had no issues geeting speeds higher than 100mbps. 

Can anyone help?

I am based in the UK by the way if that makes any difference. 

Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK852 Speed capped at 100mbps - Hyperoptic (UK)

@Dwayne011 wrote:

I have recently purchased the Orbi RBK852 and I am having issues getting speeds above 100mbps. 

The modem and router are supposed to autonegotiate the ethernet link between them. Can you check the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, click the blue box Show Statistics and verify that the Orbi thinks the WAN link is 1000M/Full?  Sometimes a cable or jack issue causes autonegotiation to fail and the link sets up at 100M/Full.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

https://www.reddit.com/r/orbi/comments/nh49sj/orbi_rbk852_speed_capped_at_100mbps_hyperoptic_uk/

Thank you.

@Dwayne011 wrote:

Hello, 

I have recently purchased teh Orbi RBK852 and I am having issues getting speeds above 100mbps. 

My ISP is Hyperoptic and I have the 1gb service. My previous router was an TP Link AX50 and this had no issues geeting speeds higher than 100mbps. 

Can anyone help?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Dwayne011 wrote:

Hello, 

Can anyone help?

Message 4 of 6
Dwayne011
Aspirant

Its definetly this issue. 

I have tried load of different cables still the same result. 

Is there a way to set it manually?

@CrimpOn wrote:

@Dwayne011 wrote:

I have recently purchased the Orbi RBK852 and I am having issues getting speeds above 100mbps. 

The modem and router are supposed to autonegotiate the ethernet link between them. Can you check the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, click the blue box Show Statistics and verify that the Orbi thinks the WAN link is 1000M/Full?  Sometimes a cable or jack issue causes autonegotiation to fail and the link sets up at 100M/Full.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

No, it's automatic. I'd try a different modem/ONT or possible that the RBR could be fautly. Would have to check with a different ISP modem or ONT. Do you have a friend for family member or a nieghbor near by were you can take the RBR to and connect it to there modem/ONT. See if the rate changes, if it does, then you'll know the RBR is faulty and needs to be replaced. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7