Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBK852 WiFi - SSID Not Visible on Clare One and Older PC

that_corey_guy
Initiate

Orbi RBK852 WiFi - SSID Not Visible on Clare One and Older PC

Firmware Version: V3.2.18.1_1.4.14

I recently purchased the Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 System (RBK852) – Router with 1 Satellite Extender.  Everything seems to be working fine with most of the devices that connect to WiFi, but I'm having issues with an older Windows PC as well as our Clare One panel for smart home devices. 

For the Clare One, I can see and connect to the guest WiFi, but my normal home network doesn't appear as an available network to connect to.

For my older Lenovo T470s PC, neither network shows up as an available WiFi network to connect to unless I disable AX functionality and I'd rather not have to do that.  For the time being, I'm just connecting to the satellite with an ethernet cable, but I'm hoping there is a setting on the router I'm missing or some other solution.  I'd rather have the ability to connect over WiFi so I'm not limited to one room in the house while using this PC.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact the Mfr for these devices for additional help and support. Ensure for those devices that have drivers or Firmware, that they are updated and current for those devices. 

Try disabling AX mode on 2.4ghz on the RBR to see if this may help. 

Message 2 of 6
vajim
Master

@that_corey_guy wrote:

Firmware Version: V3.2.18.1_1.4.14

I recently purchased the Orbi Whole Home Tri-band Mesh WiFi 6 System (RBK852) – Router with 1 Satellite Extender.  Everything seems to be working fine with most of the devices that connect to WiFi, but I'm having issues with an older Windows PC as well as our Clare One panel for smart home devices. 

For the Clare One, I can see and connect to the guest WiFi, but my normal home network doesn't appear as an available network to connect to.

For my older Lenovo T470s PC, neither network shows up as an available WiFi network to connect to unless I disable AX functionality and I'd rather not have to do that.  For the time being, I'm just connecting to the satellite with an ethernet cable, but I'm hoping there is a setting on the router I'm missing or some other solution.  I'd rather have the ability to connect over WiFi so I'm not limited to one room in the house while using this PC.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

did the Clare One work your old router?  Does it require a certain (2.4 or 5g) freq to connect?  For the lenovo you may want to check the wifi adapter.

Message 3 of 6
that_corey_guy
Initiate

Yeah, it was working with the Eero router that came with the house. It looks like it’s on the 5Ghz frequency from the settings that I can see. The Clare One was setup by the tech guys when they installed everything.

I’ll just check back with them. They may have to do something behind the scenes as there is another installer menu on that Clare One panel that I don’t have the PIN to access.
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like that a Clare One issue. Hopefully updating the LT wifi drivers will help for that unit. 

@that_corey_guy wrote:
Yeah, it was working with the Eero router that came with the house. It looks like it’s on the 5Ghz frequency from the settings that I can see. The Clare One was setup by the tech guys when they installed everything.

I’ll just check back with them. They may have to do something behind the scenes as there is another installer menu on that Clare One panel that I don’t have the PIN to access.

Message 5 of 6
vajim
Master

@that_corey_guy wrote:

need to find out if it's looking for 5g ONLY

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7