Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK852 not showing attached devices

Markedly
Guide

Orbi RBK852 not showing attached devices

So, I've just installed an RBK852 pair, and the speeds are great:   300Mbs over wireless backhaul - that's the limit my ISP sets.

However, I'm finding the web-based management lacking.

My biggest issue is that only a small handful of attached devices are showing in Attached Devices.  I can see the satellite and two Android phones.  The NAS I have wired to the satellite is not visible, nor the Sony android TV, nor for that matter the Windows 10 laptop I'm typing this on.

In terms of firmware, the Router shows as model RBR850, version:  V3.2.18.1, firmware failed after checking.   The satellite is the same version, "no new firmware available".

Is this a known bug?  Any workarounds?

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK852 not showing attached devices

Ok, So you can try this out. Turn ON the RBS. 

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% or 25%. Apply the change then reboot the RBR. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

If your devices are still online, they should pick and choose to connect to the RBS. You can log into the RBS web page there to see whats connected to it. Though sometimes "unknown" maybe seen on the RBS web page. Known issue here. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Can you provide a screen capture and select the Choose File to attach the picture file too on your next post?

What browser are you using? 

Are these devices setup with Auto Obtain IP addressing in there networking configurations or using Static IP addressing by chance? 

Have all devices been powered OFF, then power OFF the RBR for 30 seconds then back ON, then power ON the devices one at a time to see if they appear in the Connected Devices section on the RBRs web page? 

Message 2 of 12
Markedly
Guide

Hi @FURRYe38 

The ONT is BT Openreach.  It was fitted only last week.  I didn't have such issues with the default BT router the NG has just replaced.

Screenshot attached.  It's noticeable that the few devices showing are attached to the NG router, but not the satellite.

Browser is Chrome on Win10

None of the devices are static IP.  Again, I didn't have this issue with the BT router.

Haven't tried powering all down/up yet.

Thanks

Mark

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

So to test this out a bit more, turn OFF the RBS and let everything connect to the RBR. Try this after you power everything OFF then back ON, just leave the RBS off for a while. 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 4 of 12
Markedly
Guide

So, with the RBS switched off, the missing devices have now appeared under the RBR:  TV, laptop etc.

I would say the router and satellite are around 30 feet apart:  different ends of the house, and 1 floor apart.

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, So you can try this out. Turn ON the RBS. 

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% or 25%. Apply the change then reboot the RBR. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

If your devices are still online, they should pick and choose to connect to the RBS. You can log into the RBS web page there to see whats connected to it. Though sometimes "unknown" maybe seen on the RBS web page. Known issue here. 

Message 6 of 12
Markedly
Guide

Thanks,  I'll try that a little later.  

Should there be a separate RBS web page?  I tried entering 192.168.1.5 into the browser, but without success.

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, you should be able to access the RBS web page at the IP address seen on the RBRs connected satellites page. 

Message 8 of 12
Markedly
Guide

So, I've restarted the satellite, and now all devices are visible across both router and satellite.

I guess the old power cycle worked.

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Sometimes thats all thats needed. 

Message 10 of 12
Markedly
Guide

And of course, thank you very much for your time
Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread and solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7