Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK852 won't connect

Thralkhan
Aspirant

Orbi RBK852 won't connect

I have had in my home a NetGear AX8 router, but unfortunately, it won't connect to the farthest reaches of my home, which is where my wife's office is) so I decided to get the Orbi RBK852 and move the AX8 to her office.  The Orib router is moved to my hallway with a direct view of the satellite (25 feet) and after the initial install and several attempts, it connected, but after I changed the SSID and password, the connection dropped and it wouldn't connect again.  I removed the app from my phone, reset the router and tried again, nothing!  

Also, why is there a scan code on the Satellite but nothing that hints at using it?  I'm wondering if that's what's keeping the Satellite from connecting.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK852 won't connect

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Have you tried a manual re-sync of the RBS while in same room or near the RBR? 

Message 2 of 5
Thralkhan
Aspirant

When I have time this weekend, I'll check on the firmware.

My modem is not ISP, it's a NetGear CM1000.

My home is a single story 2600 Sq ft home.  The distance between the router and satellite is 25'.  From what I thought I read, they shouldn't be more than 30' from each other.

I have not tried to manually re-sync the satellite.  I'm still trying to get past the set up screen for the router.

Also to add, I'm using the Orbi app on an iPhone 12.  Not sure if that would make a difference, but I do know that some apps were better designed for either an iPhone or Droid and will work on the other, just not necessarily as well.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

@Thralkhan wrote:

When I have time this weekend, I'll check on the firmware.

My modem is not ISP, it's a NetGear CM1000.

My home is a single story 2600 Sq ft home.  The distance between the router and satellite is 25'.  From what I thought I read, they shouldn't be more than 30' from each other. Yes.

I have not tried to manually re-sync the satellite.  I'm still trying to get past the set up screen for the router.

Also to add, I'm using the Orbi app on an iPhone 12.  Not sure if that would make a difference, but I do know that some apps were better designed for either an iPhone or Droid and will work on the other, just not necessarily as well. Use a wired PC or laptop to walk thru the setup wizard on the RBR at 192.168.1.1

Message 4 of 5
techupdate0
Tutor

@Thralkhan wrote:

I have had in my home a NetGear AX8 router, but unfortunately, it won't connect to the farthest reaches of my home, which is where my wife's office is) so I decided to get the Orbi RBK852 and move the AX8 to her office.  The Orib router is moved to my hallway with a direct view of the satellite (25 feet) and after the initial install and several attempts, it connected, but after I changed the SSID and password, the connection dropped and it wouldn't connect again.  I removed the app from my phone, reset the router and tried again, nothing!  

Also, why is there a scan code on python the Satellite but nothing that hints at using it?  I'm wondering if that's what's keeping the Satellite from connecting.

Hi,

Have you found the soultion? I want to know how you have done it because i am facing the same issue. Many thanks

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7