Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK853 "No Internet, secured" error in Win10

atomx66
Follower

Orbi RBK853 "No Internet, secured" error in Win10

New setup, all of my Apple/Roku/Epson devices connected fairly easily.  However, I do have a Lenovo laptop running Win10 and I keep getting a "No internet, secured" error.  I tried rebooting the modem and all of the Orbi nodes, but nothing worked.  I forgot the network and tried again--nothing.  Any ideas out there how to fix this?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK853 "No Internet, secured" error in Win10

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@atomx66 wrote:

New setup, all of my Apple/Roku/Epson devices connected fairly easily.  However, I do have a Lenovo laptop running Win10 and I keep getting a "No internet, secured" error.  I tried rebooting the modem and all of the Orbi nodes, but nothing worked.  I forgot the network and tried again--nothing.  Any ideas out there how to fix this?  Thanks.

Did you happen to give the Orbi exactly the same WiFi name and password as the old system?  I do this every time I change to a new WiFi router.  Saves having to reconfigure all my devices, and if I want to "go back", I just swap them out.

I agree with @FURRYe38 that this Orbi forum is unlikely to have participants with experience with the "AX" Orbi.  My guess is the issue lies within Windows 10, not with the Orbi.  In addition to restarting the laptop, you might try "Resetting the Network" on the laptop.  (Last item on this checklist):

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/no-internet-access-fix-windows/ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwSaMXgPhbk 

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@atomx66 wrote:

Message 4 of 7
reekjohns
Aspirant

It could be an issue with your operating system settings or the router. Unfortunately, there is no single solution to fix this wifi issue. As with any networking issues, there are 2 places to look at first: the networking equipment (router) and the device having the issue (computer, smartphone, tablet etc.). As with the router, network and software problems often get fixed automatically with a simple restart. If it doesn't help you, then go to the following section.

• Confirm other devices can’t connect
  • Check Modem Lights
  • Reboot your modem and router
  • Check your IP address settings
  • Check your ISP’s status
  • Disable security software
  • Update your wireless drivers

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I presume the OP and figured this out or had found something else. They haven't been back to give feed back in a while. 

Message 6 of 7
gb777
Apprentice

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7