Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK853

Simon854
Follower

Orbi RBK853

Hi, have installed Orbi RBK853 Router and 2 satilites to the house today and connected various devices. I also have a home office someway from the house connected by a optical fibre cable via a tp-link Gigabit multimode media converter at each end. I connected the tp link converter to the Orbi router and i seems to disrupt the router to point the wifi connection drops out and make it hard to re connect. I have now connected the tp link to the Service Providers modem/router and the issue seems to be resolved. I was hoping to connect another Orbi RBK853 or alike to the office via the fibre cable but unsure if will now work. Appreciate any advice. 

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK853

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK853

Any progress on this? 

@Simon854 wrote:

Hi, have installed Orbi RBK853 Router and 2 satilites to the house today and connected various devices. I also have a home office someway from the house connected by a optical fibre cable via a tp-link Gigabit multimode media converter at each end. I connected the tp link converter to the Orbi router and i seems to disrupt the router to point the wifi connection drops out and make it hard to re connect. I have now connected the tp link to the Service Providers modem/router and the issue seems to be resolved. I was hoping to connect another Orbi RBK853 or alike to the office via the fibre cable but unsure if will now work. Appreciate any advice. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7