Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR 850 - Internet dropping when logging in to router

breaksfr
Follower

Orbi RBR 850 - Internet dropping when logging in to router

Hello,

I have am trying to create static IP addresses for my Sonos speakers as they keep dropping out, and this was suggested by Sonos as a solution.  I successfully changed one of them by using the steps set out below, however now after rebooting for the changes to take effect I am having issues. Every time I login to the router and try to go into LAN SETUP, my internet (or wifi, I'm not sure which) drops and the connection is timed out. 

I am certain this is correlated, as it happens each time. I have rebooted the router several times now but get the same error. 

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

2. Navigate to Advanced Tab

3. Select LAN setup

4. On that page, go to Address Reservation and click on "Add"

5. A table is created of all my devices

6. Scroll to the desired device, click on the radio button to its left, and click on "Add" at the top of the page.

7. Prompted to reboot for changes to take effect

8. Experience the problems set out above.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR 850 - Internet dropping when logging in to router

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7