Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR350 Satellite connection issue since firmware version V4.4.1.29 upgrade

AdamNipperess
Aspirant

Orbi RBR350 Satellite connection issue since firmware version V4.4.1.29 upgrade

I have no idea what Netgear have done but since I upgraded my Orbi RBR350 to firmware version 4.4.1.29! Every time I connect the satellite to the Orbi router I can not connect all my devices to the Wifi Network. Its almost as if the new firmware has put a block on my wifi network when the Satellite is connected. I literally spent 3hrs trying to figure out why certain devices would not connect to the wifi only to discover it was the Satellite causing the issues! 

The only way I could get my wifi network to work again was to totally reset my Orbi back to factory default and exclude the satellite. Then go through the whole process of setting my network back up again.

NETGEAR! what an epic fail you guys have had! Firmware upgrades are suppose to fix issues not create them. Now I have a Satellite that I cant use. What a pointless thing when it was working perfectly fine yesterday! 

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR350 Satellite connection issue since firmware version V4.4.1.29 upgrade

did you try reconnecting the satellite after the factory reset? Sometimes old settings can cause issues. 

And are you sure the satellite updated as well? Sometimes if you update the router first and not the satellite, it can cause issues. 

And if neither of those work, you can always downgrade the firmware. 

Message 2 of 5
AdamNipperess
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR350 Satellite connection issue since firmware version V4.4.1.29 upgrade

Yes I have tried reconnecting to satellite since the update and still having then same issue.
I confirmed the update on both devices via the settings link not the app. Both of them have the latest version.
Message 3 of 5
AdamNipperess
Aspirant

If I downgrade the software it will only auto update again as with all Netgear devices there is no way to turn the auto updates off.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the Orbi router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.
Press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7