Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR350 losing 2.4 GHz signal

satelly
Aspirant

Orbi RBR350 losing 2.4 GHz signal

Recently have been moving from 1 part of the house to another which is serviced by the satellite node, I lose internet connection for about 30 seconds. Losing at the Wifi icon on my notebook, I notice it is searching and reconnecting to the Wifi.

I logged into my Orbi satellite and noticed that the 2.4GHz signal says Disabled. The only way to turn it on is either reset the satellite or go to the main router and turn off and then turn on the 2.4GHz option. Interestingly it only affects the main Wifi and not the Guest Wifi.

I have confirmed the above using Wifi diagnostics and it clearly shows there is no 2.4GHz signal from the satellite for the main Wifi but it is present for the Guest network and for the main router.

I have tried resetting the satellite pressing with in the pin hole several times. It initially shows the 2.4GHz signal and then about 30 minutes later, it is lost.

Any ideas

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR350 losing 2.4 GHz signal

what firmware version are you on? 

Have you tried changing which 2.4ghz channel its broadcasting on (for the router)?

Message 2 of 6
satelly
Aspirant

On V4.4.0.10 which is apparently the latest official firmware, although reading the forum, some people have obtained newer versions from Netgear. Have tried the standard channels, 1,6 and 11with same result.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

sounds like you've reset the satellite but did you factory reset the router? 

Message 4 of 6
satelly
Aspirant

Have now reset the router and problem recurred. Was searching the forum and came up with the below thread. However, before trying it, need to understand more about what the option 20/40 GHz co-existence actually does. Reading the forums, suggest it should be enabled to ensure that the 20 GHz is available so as not to affect neighbours bandwidth. If I disable it, does that mean I only get  40 GHz so if older devices with 20 Ghz can no longer connect?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/Orbi-satellite-disable-2-4g-automati...

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

If you live around others, leave 20/40 coexistence enabled. the 2.4ghz spectrum doesn't have many channels and the 40hz setting overlaps them. It can make your connection less stable and your neighbors. 

If you live in a rural area without a lot of people around, then you can try disabling it. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7